All I can say about this DIY is: love love LOVE. The general shape and build is inspired by the Alexander McQueen clutches, even though eyeglass/sunglass cases obviously weren't used in the original designs.
If you make your own clutch (whether the design is inspired by a McQueen clutch or is a style that's all you) you'll probably save a few thousand dollars.....just saying.
- Large eyeglass/sunglass case
- 3 Bead (s)
- 3 flat metal pieces (I used scrapbooking brads)
- Rhinestone (or whatever!) trim
- 3 ring blanks
- Super glue/E 6000
- Jewelry pliers
1) Glue the ring blanks onto the case, pad side down. Let it dry for a little bit.
2) If needed, pry off the prongs (or loops, depending what you have) on the metal pieces with pliers.
3) Glue the metal pieces on top of the ring blanks. Again, let it dry for a bit, just so they aren't sliding around when you continue onto the next step.
4) Carefully glue the trim along the top.
TIP: Glue the center of the trim to the middle piece first, wait until it's semi-dry then work on the right and left sides. There's going to be a lot of sliding around if you don't let the glue dry at least for a little bit in between steps.
5) And when that's (almost) dry? Glue the beads on top of the trim. If your trim has an uneven surface, you might have to press and hold for a bit. Let everything dry overnight.