Don't get rid of that top that's a size or so too small just yet
If you have a top that is too small that you don't want to part with or you found one in the store that is a little bit too small that you love and you have a fabric that will go great; this project is for you :)
- Zombie Babe added If A Top Is Too Small... to new wardrobe 03 Oct 09:52
- jcurtis2010 added If A Top Is Too Small... to DIY 28 Jul 08:50
- AprilDelaine favorited If A Top Is Too Small... 13 Mar 09:27
- Shari favorited If A Top Is Too Small... 07 Aug 03:09
- Anita N. favorited If A Top Is Too Small... 26 Jun 17:01
- Mayra V. favorited If A Top Is Too Small... 20 Jun 18:39
mark the a portion of the second top/ extra material with the length wise measurements. I kind of estimated the width for me (I figured anything more than the original would fit me better-- I cut out 2-7.5x44 centimeter (3inx17in) pieces from the second fabric. you may need to finish the raw edges where the bottom will be seen
Cut the top along the seam from the seam at the tip of the underarm to the bottom of the shirt on both sides.
pin the 2 pieces of fabric to the top along the seam, with both unfinished edges facing inward.