a simple way to add the look of wood to your project
I havn't done this much, so I'm still working on making it look better. I did it once before to make an artist palette out of thin white foam, and just recently for the christmas cards I'm making this year.
- photoshop_addict favorited How To Paint Wood Texture 20 Jan 07:13
- Kristen B. added How To Paint Wood Texture to Canvases 21 Jul 02:02
- sara b. favorited How To Paint Wood Texture 18 May 11:08
- Minimax favorited How To Paint Wood Texture 12 May 11:21
- Laura entered her project How To Paint Wood Texture to Pogo Connect 30 Apr 01:19
- Sara S. favorited How To Paint Wood Texture 25 Feb 03:21
- OH! Its the Domo :3 favorited How To Paint Wood Texture 13 Jan 17:15
Gather together what you'll paint, tape if you want clean edges, and a sponge to paint with. I prefer a sponge for each color so I cut the one I have.
When you're ready to paint, start with your lightest color paint and wait for that to dry before you continue.
When it's dry, use the next color, streak the sponge quickly back and forth in a straight line.
Finally use your darkest color and streak that back and forth in a straight line.
If you want, use the dark color again to make more of a wood look. Finally when you're ready peel of the tape if you used it.