Making your own jump ring is fun, quick and easy to make. Although, Round nose pliers or mandrel is generally used. You can also use regular objects work really well. The objects you use will determine the size of your jump rings, eg; a marker is perfect if you want to make larger jump rings.
This tut is from my eBook on Jewelry making clasps, which went live on Sunday night. Contact me via my site for more info.
- Sarah S. added How To Make Your Own Jump Rings to Jewelry 19 Jan 07:37
- Meg Q. favorited How To Make Your Own Jump Rings 07 Apr 21:50
- Queen of the Sidhe favorited How To Make Your Own Jump Rings 27 Nov 07:47
- AnniKito favorited How To Make Your Own Jump Rings 26 Nov 13:16
- Sleepy Anarchy favorited How To Make Your Own Jump Rings 01 Sep 13:52
- Ichigo M. favorited How To Make Your Own Jump Rings 22 Aug 02:03
- Dee S. entered their project How To Make Your Own Jump Rings to Crunchy Granola Charm Contest 19 Mar 19:42
Cut a piece of wire in the length of your choice. Or work directly from reel or coil.
Wrap wire very tightly around your chosen object, this is the start of your coils.
Keep coiling till your desired length.
Take the coils off your chosen object, cut the first and last coils, this should be discarded as they only serve to help hold the coils in plce.
Cut the remaining coils one at a time.
The completed rings, ready to be used in your favourite project.
You can toughen the rings by hammering them on an anvil or steel block. Use flat nose and chain nose/bent nose pliers to open and close.