A Plushie felt mushroom :)
This is how to make a small mushroom out of felt. hope you enjoy
- Abby favorited How To Make A Felt Mushroom 27 Jul 09:22
- Lilian E. added How To Make A Felt Mushroom to crafts 2 21 Jul 10:07
- Kate M. favorited How To Make A Felt Mushroom 13 May 20:15
- Sandra T. added How To Make A Felt Mushroom to Gift Ideas 24 Mar 22:07
- Melissa G. favorited How To Make A Felt Mushroom 21 Mar 00:15
- Stittchedupdoll favorited How To Make A Felt Mushroom 21 Feb 06:22
- Shelby W. added How To Make A Felt Mushroom to Felt 30 Jan 00:22
- Moonstar added How To Make A Felt Mushroom to To-make list 10 Jan 19:46
- pink added How To Make A Felt Mushroom to things i want to make in the future 03 Oct 03:12
- Rikki l. favorited How To Make A Felt Mushroom 16 Sep 04:04
These are the materials you'll be needing.
So first, cut out 2 oval/circles for the mushroom cap. make one slightly bigger than the other. the bigger one is for the top of the mushroom cap.
Cut out some white circles for the sopts on the mushroom cap.
Place them where you want them to be on the BIGGER circle and sew them on or glue them on(don't sew too close to the edge)
This is now what you should have. A bigger circle with white spots on it and a smaller plain circle.
get the board/card and cut out a small circle, slightly smaller than the small mushroom cap circle.
This is a picture of the picec of card ontop of the small circle.
You can now sew the mushroom caps together the right side up, but don't put the card in yet. Sew it using blanket stitches and using creases(read next step).
To make the creases, fold a loop in the bigger circle of felt. . .
Now bend it together. . .
Squish the loop down flat. . .
Sew the flat loop down very carefully.
This is what the crease-thing would look like. you need to do a few of these so the bigger circle will fit with the smaller circle. but be careful and don't do too many creases!
remeber to leave a little gap at the end of the sewing! You can slide the card in now.
But don't sew it up yet!
Place the card at the BOTTOM of the mushroom cap. the bottom is where the smaller crcle is
Stuff the mushroom cap with stuffing now :)
But make sure you place the stuffing ON TOP of the card. Don't let any stuffing get under the card.
When you are happy with the amount of stuffing inside, sew it up!
and . . . here is it! a finished mushroom cap!
Time to make the stalk. . .
cut out a trapezium shape out of white felt.
Fold the trapezium in half and sew up the side, but DON'T SEW THE BOTTOM!
Flip it inside out
Cut out a circle for the bottom of the mushroom. Trim it to fit. Then sew it to the stalk.
This is would you should have. And now, stuff it!
Stuff with a pen if its too narrow.
Sew the top of the stalk to the centre of the mushroom cap. Sew with a blanket stitch and make it as secure as you can.
A close-up on the stalk to the mushroom cap.
here is your finished mushroom!!!