Learn how to finger knit
Have you ever needed a really quick present? So quick pulling out your knitting needles would take far to long? Or do you just want to lean how to finger knit? Well this is the how to for you! With Christmas coming up I love having a present I can whip up as I watch an episode of Glee.
- Monika Gottindottir favorited How To Finger Knit. 09 Oct 13:14
- Mowdy28 favorited How To Finger Knit. 26 Jan 15:41
- KARMA favorited How To Finger Knit. 04 Dec 23:38
- l33tingl4dy favorited How To Finger Knit. 28 Nov 06:38
- Natalýa E. favorited How To Finger Knit. 12 Aug 10:20
- Katharine C. favorited How To Finger Knit. 07 Aug 19:28
- HollyIvyRose favorited How To Finger Knit. 23 Jul 16:11
- Lane L. favorited How To Finger Knit. 16 Jul 07:34
- Shaun L. favorited How To Finger Knit. 07 Jul 14:58
- Jess <3 favorited How To Finger Knit. 07 Jul 13:03
First grab some yarn, I like to use two strands, it gives the scarf a little more thickness. If you are using that fluffy thin yarn you are going to want some normal yarn to go with it.
Now make a slip knot and place it on your thumb.
Now weave the yarn back and forth between your fingers as shown here...
Then wrap around your pinky finger and weave again...
Repeat steps three and four until you have two loops on each finger. Now lift the bottom loop on the pinky over the top one and off the finger. Continue with the remaining fingers. (I hope this makes sense if if doesn't comment and I will try to explain better)
Continue weaving so there are two loops and lifting loops off so there is one until it starts to look like this then keep going till its the length you want. *It is going to roll in on itself. don't worry that's whats supposed to happen ;)* (I just Henna'd my hand that's why there are leaves on my fingers)
To tie off the end cut the string about three inches long then slip it through the loops that are on your fingers.
It will end up looking like this. Its nice and warm like this but i like to add some fringe :)
Wrap ether just the thin fancy yarn or both colors around something about as long as you want your fringe. cut the loops in half then tie them onto the ends of the scarf...
So it looks like this!
Now wrap it up and give to someone or put it on and enjoy it yourself!