A snack, a party food, an meal served with side salad, you decide?
I makes these a lot for my kids and for the birthday parties etc we have, but because I'm sneaky I pack in more vegetables for the kids and they don't have a clue, I normally add carrot zucchini, grated mushroom, grated broccoli and a grated apple. This way the mixture goes further aswell and you get more sausage rolls out I it. It's a good way to get more vegetables down the kids throats without them even knowing ;)
- zalikakilah added Homemade Sausage Rolls to Cooking 14 Aug 17:38
- zalikakilah favorited Homemade Sausage Rolls 14 Aug 17:38
- kennahdanielle.deleon favorited Homemade Sausage Rolls 16 Nov 09:33
- Alicia Charlebois added Homemade Sausage Rolls to To-make list 26 Apr 13:57
- reblav added Homemade Sausage Rolls to food 26 Mar 02:05
- Millie H. added Homemade Sausage Rolls to Food and drink 20 Mar 22:46
- Katrin G. added Homemade Sausage Rolls to yummi 13 Feb 17:01
- razorbladedesigns added Homemade Sausage Rolls to Om Nom nom noms 12 Feb 02:21
- rosie.mcentire.9 favorited Homemade Sausage Rolls 24 Jan 16:47
- yohaisa21 favorited Homemade Sausage Rolls 22 Jan 03:48
You Will Need
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Mix both minces, onion, garlic, carrot, zucchini, breadcrumbs, parsley, nutmeg and seasoning together. Beat 1 egg and add to mince mixture. Divide into 6 equal portions.
Cut pastry sheets in half. Roll a mince portion until 25cm long. Place down the centre of pastry. Beat remaining egg and brush edges.
Roll up to enclose filling, and cut into 6 pieces. Place on trays, seam side down. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 20 mins, reduce heat to 180°C, and cook for 10 minutes until golden. Serve with tomato sauce.