homemade pot holders you can make&give or keep:]
hi im mandiCHU:]
im also a baker too!...
reciently ive been on a mission for cute baking pot holders!...
the only ones i could find were creepy cartoon chefs, awkward fruits, or chickens in a basket...
not really mii style!!!!!
so i decided to make mii very own pot holders:]
i <3 how they came out&decided i had to share!!!!
so here you guys go:]
- kylie.hannan favorited Homemade Pot Holders:] 04 Nov 17:35
- 02jhseaby added Homemade Pot Holders:] to Try 08 Jun 15:42
- 02jhseaby favorited Homemade Pot Holders:] 08 Jun 15:42
- marilyn.steckly favorited Homemade Pot Holders:] 21 Apr 00:33
- Linkin Logs added Homemade Pot Holders:] to Life 14 Jan 08:43
- Lonelybunny favorited Homemade Pot Holders:] 02 Sep 02:35
- K2 favorited Homemade Pot Holders:] 19 Jul 05:22
- Penny S. favorited Homemade Pot Holders:] 20 Jun 14:09
- Meena R. favorited Homemade Pot Holders:] 07 Apr 10:07
- Lady Maiya commented on Homemade Pot Holders:] 22 Mar 19:42
gather all your materials!...
-paper/to make pattern
-sharpie/to outline pattern&fabric
-coffee mug to help pattern
-heat resistant fabric[forgot what its called]
-extra wide double fold bias tape
make a pattern!..
i simly just used white paper&cut out a 5" by 9" square.
next, i used a coffee mug and rounded the edges by outlining the cup
next,cut out fabrics using both fabrics of your choice!...
pin down your fabrics with a few sewing pins.
next,sew a huge "x" on your pattern!...
try to make it as cemetrical and straight as possible!...
after sewing the "x" use your three middle fingers as spacers and sew as followed!...
repeat on opposite side:]
you should end up with a quilt like pattern-ish!...
now with your extra wide double fold bias tape unfold it and pin down your bias tape to the edges of your quilted pot holders. make sure they are flesh!...
start your sewing&be sure to sew on the first line that was unfolded!...
[kinda hard to explain]
just look at the picture
after sewing turn the bias tape over!..
now on the back side sew the bias tape down!...
[try to sew in the middle as much as possible so the front well be pretty even also]
it should look something like this when your done!...
now bake with love