Subtle and super cute!
I was inspired by the new line Forever 21 put out for Hello Kitty. There was a striped sweater with a big red bow. Also from this project from [TC]Squared
This project had a few firsts for me but I'm happy how it turned out in the end.
- M S. added Hello Kitty Bow Cut Out Sweatshirt to gifts 10 Oct 07:41
- Anayahs.Mommy favorited Hello Kitty Bow Cut Out Sweatshirt 05 Apr 15:47
- Megan B. entered Hello Kitty Bow Cut Out Sweatshirt to Sock Dreams 26 Mar 03:58
- Megan B. entered Hello Kitty Bow Cut Out Sweatshirt to B.A.I.T. Footwear Contest 12 Feb 16:37
- Nikkie B. favorited Hello Kitty Bow Cut Out Sweatshirt 10 Feb 16:43
- Megan B. entered Hello Kitty Bow Cut Out Sweatshirt to The Animal Print Shop 09 Jan 04:39
- Alissa B. favorited Hello Kitty Bow Cut Out Sweatshirt 14 Dec 01:38
- Megan B. entered Hello Kitty Bow Cut Out Sweatshirt to Secret Santa 08 Dec 23:04
Print out a HK bow from the internet and make stencil from thin cardboard using exactoknife.
Decide where you want the design on your shirt. Iron sweat shirt and red material.
This sweat shirt is from Goodwill for $4. The stencil was too big for the side shoulder so I put it angled on the bottom corner instead.
This is actually kind of nice because I can wear my red HK necklace with it still.
Tape down the stencil and attach it to a large clipboard or other way to secure it. I used an exactoknife to cut fabric but wish I'd made a chalk outline with stencil n cut it out with scissors. The fabric pulled a lot despite my best efforts.
I decided to take the easy way out and use the liquid stitch. I let it dry 24 hrs then reapplied any spots I may have missed.
when second coat of glue is dry, I cut out the extra fabric from underneath.
There's much more that can be done to make this project special like:
Cut out the neckline, add red thread accents, iron on red letters.