made for my sister who saw my DS case and requested that i make her something... purple.
Used my own pattern from the size of the camera.
But used a Sublime Stitching Rock'n'Roll pattern.
Design requirements were:
- for taking to concerts
- cool looking
From outside fabric (I ironed on interfacing before i cut the below):
- cut 1 side 15"x4"
- cut 1 lid 6"x6" (you'll want to embroider this first if you're doing something similar to mine otherwise it won't fit in the embroidery hoop)
- cut bottom 6"x3"
- cut moo card holders 3.5"x2"
From batting and lining fabric cut:
- 1 side 15"x4"
- 1 lid 6"x6"
- 1 bottom 6"x3"
Measure and clip the long edge of the outside fabric at the following marks:
- 0.5, 5.5, 7.5, 12.5
Press a crease at each of the measurements.
Sew sides together with a 1/2" seam
Attach exterior sides to bottom
- right sides together and pin one by one (side by side)
- stitch around and backstitch at each clip
- trim the bottom corners
Attach the moo card holders to the lining piece, where you want them.
Then follow the previous steps 3+4 to make the lining with the batting and lining fabric.
Attach lining to the exterior.
- right side of exterior facing out
- wrong side of lining facing out
- fold in tops and pin
- stitch 2 sides around (i handstitched this but you can machine it)
- insert the wristlet hook in to the 3rd side
- leave the back open for now.
Make lid piece by putting the lining and the outside fabric face together and stitching 3 sides around.
Insert the lid into the opening of the main piece and stitch closed.
Attach velcro or other fastening, velcro will keep it more secure.
I'm sorry this is kind of sketchy but i sort of made a lot of it up on the fly.
If you have any questions please feel free to message me and I'll help out however I can.