A giant body pillow buddy for snuggling!
I saw this pattern from Emily G on PW Style and took it to an all new level! I used fleece instead of felt, and chose a polka dotted print for the tentacles because I wanted them to look like suckers. I also placed the eyes onto the sides of the head because, well, that's where squid eyes are, and it's so freakin' cute!
It took me a day and a half to complete. I machine sewed most of it, and perfected the fins by hand, because the "sandwich" part was really difficult even with the machine. I also hand sewed the eyes on, because I was a dunce and forgot to sew them onto the head before I attached it to the body and stuffed it.
I'm SO happy with it! It is firm, soft and oh so snuggly warm.
The materials cost me 40 dollars from Joann's, and that was with a few coupons. So, it's not exactly cheap, but then again I didn't go with the absolute cheapest materials either, which you could do and get the same adorable product.
- sarcastic rainbow added Giant Squid Body Pillow to deco 30 Aug 23:49
- sarcastic rainbow favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 30 Aug 23:49
- Amalie added Giant Squid Body Pillow to Home 19 Feb 00:30
- GabriELLE favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 06 Nov 03:00
- e p. favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 02 Jul 22:59
- B.C. I. favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 15 Jun 02:45
- Knittin' Kitten commented on Giant Squid Body Pillow 31 Mar 18:48
- ZanyDays entered her project Giant Squid Body Pillow to SINGER Dress Form Contest 31 Mar 14:01
- Mo favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 13 Jan 20:01
- pink favorited Giant Squid Body Pillow 11 Jan 02:36
ZanyDays posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!