About this project
I saw this pattern from Emily G on PW Style and took it to an all new level! I used fleece instead of felt, and chose a polka dotted print for the tentacles because I wanted them to look like suckers. I also placed the eyes onto the sides of the head because, well, that's where squid eyes are, and it's so freakin' cute!
It took me a day and a half to complete. I machine sewed most of it, and perfected the fins by hand, because the "sandwich" part was really difficult even with the machine. I also hand sewed the eyes on, because I was a dunce and forgot to sew them onto the head before I attached it to the body and stuffed it.
I'm SO happy with it! It is firm, soft and oh so snuggly warm.
The materials cost me 40 dollars from Joann's, and that was with a few coupons. So, it's not exactly cheap, but then again I didn't go with the absolute cheapest materials either, which you could do and get the same adorable product.