cuddly cuddle-buddies of cuddliness!!
I made some of these for my Newbie swap and now EVERYONE wants them!
They have been breeding like who-knows-what in our house, kids keep makin 'em!!!
We have since discovered some cream & brown cowprint fur fabric, so think there might be a whole new guineapig family moving in soon ;)
It looks like there's lots of steps, but they're actually super quick n easy.
Please post your versions.
- Hi It's Holly Here favorited Furry Guinea Pigs! 06 Apr 17:14
- Becky H. favorited Furry Guinea Pigs! 17 Jan 17:07
- Anna J. favorited Furry Guinea Pigs! 10 Dec 09:04
- DocDoolittle favorited Furry Guinea Pigs! 15 Nov 04:45
- Shia H. added Furry Guinea Pigs! to Cute! 29 Jul 14:55
- CreativeGirl79 commented on Furry Guinea Pigs! 25 Jul 05:34
- CreativeGirl79 favorited Furry Guinea Pigs! 25 Jul 05:33
- Carla B. favorited Furry Guinea Pigs! 01 Jul 08:56
- Ana.Loli favorited Furry Guinea Pigs! 30 Mar 06:30
- amandaland. favorited Furry Guinea Pigs! 18 Feb 16:26
Gather your supplies
Stitch around the edge with a running stitch (I only used black thread to show where you stitch, but it actually doesn't show so it's ok)
Carefully pull your thread to gather your circle into a "cup"
Finish tightening your thread in and finish off.
Now comes the fun part!
"Mould" till you are happy with the shape, longish with a rounder bottom end, or circular if you are going for more of a cute Tribble look :D
Cut 2 ears (and a base, if u are using) from felt.
The ears should be a sort of arched shape, the base a small oval.
Take each ear in turn and fold in half lengthways then put a few stitches at the base, to give it a more realistic shape.
Position ears and sew in place.
Then attach your eyes.
I've made a few of these and I've discovered that the little baby ones are cuter without a nose but feel free to add any other features you like.
Except for the stroking and cuddling, of course!