Got a spare headband? Turn it into something special!
Take a headband, you already have and turn it into a cat ears headband!
I had this idea for a long time and now I thought, I'd give it a try. I don't know, if someone already posted something similar, but I want to make sure, that I wasn't copying anyone.
Enjoy! :)Posted by Nami H. from Augsburg, Bayern, Germany • Published • See Nami H.'s 7 projects »
- catearpattern.jpg 647 KB [ Download ]
- Jackie G. added From Headband To Cat Ears to Costume 10 Aug 17:15
- Kichiru added From Headband To Cat Ears to Totoro, Pikatchu ~ kawaii animals 83 19 May 12:06
- Kichiru added From Headband To Cat Ears to Really do this ! 18 May 18:13
- Kichiru favorited From Headband To Cat Ears 18 May 18:13
- SilverLupe favorited From Headband To Cat Ears 15 May 16:48
- Maxine M. added From Headband To Cat Ears to To-make list 14 Apr 16:36
- stephanie a. added From Headband To Cat Ears to how to costume 07 Nov 02:36
- amanda.shillito favorited From Headband To Cat Ears 15 Oct 10:30
- Versora H. favorited From Headband To Cat Ears 28 Jul 06:06
- Cheshire x. favorited From Headband To Cat Ears 15 Jul 02:34
This is what you are going to need. You can find the ear pattern in the attachment.
First, cut out four black ear pieces and two white/beige ear pieces using the pattern.
You can cut the white pieces along the pattern line, but leave some space next to the line on the black pieces because you have to sew them together later.
Sew the white pieces on two of the black pieces. Watch out - they should not be identical ;)
Sew the black parts together. I sewed them on the inner side and then inverted the ear. Leave the bottom for stuffing.
Stuff the ears with a bit of cotton wool - not too much though!
Mark your headband where you want to have the ears. It is helpful, if you try it on in front of the mirror and hold the ears to look how they fit best.
Close the bottom parts of the ears by sewing.
Final part: sew on your ears where you marked the headband. Done! :)