After chopping all my hair off I have developed a new found love affair with dangly earrings. I have also been going through my expansive collection of craft supplies and trying to get rid of some things to make room for others. One thing I have far to much of is beads and feathers. I was also dying to make obnoxiously dangly earrings. So I took the feathers and the beads and voila! I created an earring that Cher (in full native american headdress - of course) would be proud of! Hope you enjoy!
If you like this How-To I would LOVE you to check out my blog: www.oppositeofwar.weebly.com
1. Cut six pieces of embroidery floss (3 pieces for each earring)
2. Select the feathers you want for each earing and group them into sets of 2 or three feathers
3. Take your groups and wrap a thread of embroidery floss around each group and tie it off. Paint a coat of clear nail polish over the tied embroidery floss to seal it.
Take your beads and string the embroidery floss. You want the feathers to sit at different levels so each thread should have a different amount of beads. My longest thread was around 20 beads, then I had did about 12 beads, and then about 5. Keep track of the amount of beads you use so the second set can be the same length.
1. Tie a knot above the beads so that all of the threads are tied together.
2. Tie the remaining embroidery thread through the earring hook and cut off the excess thread
3. Paint another coat of clear nail polish over the knot so that the knot wont come untied.