LET’S SEW… A REVOLUZZZIONARY EASTER BUNNY
First download the RevoluzZzionary Easter Bunny pattern and print it - cut it out, chose your fabric, pin the pattern on the fabric and cut out:
- revoluzzza_easter_bunny_2009.pdf 24.3 KB [ Download ]
- Jodie P. favorited Easter Bunny Toy 21 Oct 18:42
- hajama favorited Easter Bunny Toy 17 Oct 21:26
- Jill K. added Easter Bunny Toy to Holiday 23 Apr 23:16
- Mariapalito favorited Easter Bunny Toy 21 Apr 08:54
- Fluff Bunny favorited Easter Bunny Toy 15 Apr 21:32
- Banndit1 added Easter Bunny Toy to Easter 13 Apr 04:52
- Twiggypeasticks favorited Easter Bunny Toy 11 Apr 20:33
- susisorglos added Easter Bunny Toy to Plushies nähen 30 Mar 07:52
- Neko-San K. favorited Easter Bunny Toy 29 Mar 20:53
- Cris Figue favorited Easter Bunny Toy 31 Jan 10:28
Use the same pattern as before for the body and cut the arm and legs pattern as well. If you want a felt face - cut that one too.
Sew the felt face on the bunny - of your machine doesn’t have that special quilt stitch you can as well use a zic zac stitch or whatever you like.
Then stitch the cute face just the way you like it. If you don’t want a smiling mouth - the Miffy-like mouth looks also super cute on a felt face.
Now pin the the arms and legs outside in, sew them together, serge the edges, turn them inside out and will them with doll wadding.
Use a shop stick to reach all parts of the arms and legs.
OK, now it’s getting serious
Some handcrafters pin now already everything together: the front and back of the body together with the arms and the legs. That’s fine but I don’t do it that way.
First I serge the edges where I will close the body later with a blind stitch. Then I mark with a vanishing pen the points where I want my arms and legs.
I pin front and back of the body together, insert the first arm and - start sewing.
I insert the other arm short before I come to the point which I marked.
The same with the legs. Then I cut the parts between the ears and on the neck and serge the edges of the bunnie’s body with a zic zac stitch. This fixes the armes and legs additional - so brutal little kids won’t be able to amputate arms or legs from the cute bunny (well, as long as they are not TOO brutal ).
Now again the exciting moment: Turning your new friend inside out.
Now you are almost finished. You only have to fill your bunny with wadding, close it with a blind stitch - and that’s it!
And when you really love your bunny - you make it some cute accessories - maybe a scarf? Or a felt collar like I did. If it’s a bunny boy, I’m sure he would like to have some nice pants. Or if it’s a bunny girl - what about a cute skirt? Or an apron? I’m sure there are many things that come to your mind