Dress cut down into skirt.
I love this dress, unfortunately I grew, and the dress didn't. So I cut off the top and made it into a skirt.
- Phoenix M. added Dress Into Skirt to Summer Projects 21 Jun 23:10
- Phoenix M. favorited Dress Into Skirt 01 Jun 01:34
- Elizabeth T. added Dress Into Skirt to Random Ideas 08 Jan 00:04
- alyssa favorited Dress Into Skirt 09 Jul 16:20
- Joy R. added Dress Into Skirt to Learn to Sew 02 Jul 04:00
- breanna w. favorited Dress Into Skirt 23 Jun 05:34
- RainxFlower24 added Dress Into Skirt to Skirts 07 Jun 01:03
- Claudia E. favorited Dress Into Skirt 07 Feb 00:24
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Dress Into Skirt 29 Dec 23:12
- Amabel R. favorited Dress Into Skirt 09 Oct 22:21
First cut out the zip from the dess. You don't have to be that neat, but I like to keep zips for future projects.
Then I cut off the top of the dress. I pinned the line and cut an inch above the pins.
Then sew a hem (a running stitch is fine.)Make it wide enough for the elastic and safety pin to get through.
Attach a safety pin to the elastic and feed it through the hem, knot the elastic, hide the knot in the seam and sew up the gap.
And there you have it! All done!