DIY transparent maxi skirt inspired by theatre, fairy tales, fantasy books and movies.Posted by Delf from Osijek, Osijek-Baranja County, Croatia • Published February 19, 2013
- Nyctophobia favorited Dreamy Maxi Skirt 22 Aug 20:26
- Katarina B. favorited Dreamy Maxi Skirt 16 Aug 08:30
- RaspberrySourZ added Dreamy Maxi Skirt to Clothes 22 Jul 19:17
- MacKenzie Y. added Dreamy Maxi Skirt to Nicole Richie 15 Jul 23:23
- jessica.boulanger.10 favorited Dreamy Maxi Skirt 10 Jul 00:29
- Phoenix M. added Dreamy Maxi Skirt to Summer Projects 21 Jun 22:02
- Agika1235 favorited Dreamy Maxi Skirt 10 Jun 11:38
- arina m. added Dreamy Maxi Skirt to Sewing 27 May 11:27
- christina c. favorited Dreamy Maxi Skirt 19 May 02:23
- Emma H. favorited Dreamy Maxi Skirt 18 May 19:00
Some of the things you'll need. Get someone to take your waist-to-floor measure.
Start with connecting the fabric in length. Be sure to make the stitch from the wrong side (back of the fabric).
Now do the zigzag stitch on the edge. This will prevent your fabric from fraying.
Make the hem fold. The width of the skirt at this point needs to be the same as the width of your hips so that you'll be able to get the skirt on and off.
Measure the elastic band to the size of your waistline. Use a black thread for sewing on a black elastic.
This is an important step. When sewing the fabric and elastic band together, be sure to stretch the elastic as you go. The final step is to do the hem (not shown in the picture).