DIY transparent maxi skirt inspired by theatre, fairy tales, fantasy books and movies.
- bittyandbunny added Dreamy Maxi Skirt to Nicole Richie 18 Nov 19:20
- dimitra.trantali added Dreamy Maxi Skirt to Vanessa Hudgens 14 Oct 13:17
- Sarah B. added Dreamy Maxi Skirt to Clothes 22 Sep 03:49
- Jacqulene C. favorited Dreamy Maxi Skirt 14 Sep 21:56
- Arida added Dreamy Maxi Skirt to Elsa of Arendelle 01 Sep 11:26
- Candy Fairy favorited Dreamy Maxi Skirt 29 Aug 11:09
- Nyctophobia favorited Dreamy Maxi Skirt 22 Aug 20:26
- Katarina B. favorited Dreamy Maxi Skirt 16 Aug 08:30
- RaspberrySourZ added Dreamy Maxi Skirt to Clothes 22 Jul 19:17
- MacKenzie Y. added Dreamy Maxi Skirt to Nicole Richie 15 Jul 23:23
Some of the things you'll need. Get someone to take your waist-to-floor measure.
Start with connecting the fabric in length. Be sure to make the stitch from the wrong side (back of the fabric).
Now do the zigzag stitch on the edge. This will prevent your fabric from fraying.
Make the hem fold. The width of the skirt at this point needs to be the same as the width of your hips so that you'll be able to get the skirt on and off.
Measure the elastic band to the size of your waistline. Use a black thread for sewing on a black elastic.
This is an important step. When sewing the fabric and elastic band together, be sure to stretch the elastic as you go. The final step is to do the hem (not shown in the picture).