As this is my very first tutorial, I'm going to make it an easy one (mostly for my own benefit lol) I've been playing around with dominos for a little while now, covering them with nice paper and also stamping images. I've made them into both magnets and pendants.
In this craft tutorial I will teach you how to make Domino Magnets using scrapbooking paper and embellishments.
* Domino's (this really goes without saying right lol)
* Mod Podge, or some type of decoupage glue
* Scrapbook papers (or any type of paper really, even magazine cuttings will work)
* Embellishments of your choice
* Magnets (I use the free calendar magnets you get with your junk mail, they are perfect for the job)
Firstly you will need to lay a domino over the paper of you choice and trace around it with a lead pencil. Then cut out the shape.
Paste a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the flat side of the domino and stick on the paper cut out. Make sure you position this just right and there are no air bubbles.
And seal it with a few coats of Mod Podge
Cut the magnet into strips (this is only if you are using the free ones) and glue magnets to the back. I find that a hot glue gun works perfectly for this, but you can use whatever strong glue you have on hand.
When you have finished, you should have something like this...