I was inspired by the many varsity cardigans that I have been seeing online lately. Also, I currently into geek fashion. Remember my Geeky glasses DIY and knitted Pencil Scarf? So I though of that plain, boring (and cheap) cardigan that has been lying in a lonely corner of my wardrobe, and decided to make varsity cardigan out of it!
check out my blog: http://becauseshestartedknitting.blogspot.com/
1. Get your cardigan and make sure it's clean.
2. Prepare your materials.
Note: The colours of the ribbon and the iron-on patches should be similar and complementary to the colour of your cardigan :)
3. Cut your ribbon according to the diameter of the sleeves and pin them in position. You can position them according to your own liking, but I think it looks the best when it is placed near the armhole. You can also make 3 stripes instead of 2!
4. Fold the ribbon inwards to create a neat joint. I positioned the joint at the same place where the seam of the sleeves is for a neat finish.
5. Sew the ribbon along its 2 sides. I used black thread because my iron-on patches have black borders as well.
Stick the ribbon in place using Heat N Bond! I wished I had some... but it's all right because the sewing actually gave the stripes an added effect as well. So it's really up to you.
6. Iron on the numbers/letters of the OTHER side of the cardigan. Hang your varsity cardigan up and admire it.