Transform your old ripped jeans into cute and fashionable patched jeans.
You can really mix up your patches and put some vertical and some horizontal to give it a more haphazard look. You want these to look like you patched them yourself.
This is a really great way to improve your old ripped boyfriend jeans. These DIY Patched Jeans can really be dressed up or down. I recommend wearing them with cute heels, a simple top and lots of big jewelry. If you’re going to borrow a style from the boys make sure to add your own feminine touch. A cute heel and a little sparkle will go a long way to keep you from looking like you’ve been cleaning house all day.
- Operation Overhaul added Diy Patched Jeans to Olivia Palermo Style 17 Sep 04:16
- pandanomz added Diy Patched Jeans to my list 08 Sep 14:51
- Mary J. favorited Diy Patched Jeans 23 Mar 20:12
- stephanie.goodsell.54 added Diy Patched Jeans to Clothing 04 Feb 17:30
- Sam J. added Diy Patched Jeans to Clothes 24 Nov 05:32
- Queen of the Sidhe favorited Diy Patched Jeans 02 Nov 21:54
- Maureen M. favorited Diy Patched Jeans 23 Jun 04:33
- Nora E. added Diy Patched Jeans to Projects to try 28 May 17:31
- Lacey C. commented on Diy Patched Jeans 24 May 22:18
- Lacey C. favorited Diy Patched Jeans 24 May 22:17
What you’ll need to make your DIY Patched Jeans:
1 Pair of ripped jeans.
Extra denim from another pair of jeans
Grosgrain fabric in a stripe or other fabric you want to add
Needle and contrast color thread
Pin your patches on the inside of your jeans and using your needle and thread sew them on.
I used a black thread and made my stitches large and visible to really give it a hand patched look.
Lay your jeans flat and place all your patches on your jeans, overlapping them and mixing up the denim and other fabrics.
Once you have all your patches where you want them, pin them to your jeans.
I folded all the edges over before pinning mine, you can leave raw edges if you prefer, it just depends on how you want your jeans to look.