how to make a loom for weaving
here is my tutorial on the weaving loom (the way I made it)
You can use any piece of wood that`s the right size.The size depends on what you want to make.
On the picture is my loom from a kitchen cabinets door.Its the right size for bags or smaller rugs.
The loom Im showing you in the how to is the one that I made my weave bag and make up bag on.Its a bit smaller then the cabinet door one.
If you have some questions or something is unclear feel free to ask me,Im happy to answer! :)
- Momma Is Learning favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 25 Aug 07:51
- joan.fu.90 commented on Diy Loom Tutorial 05 Jun 20:11
- joan.fu.90 added Diy Loom Tutorial to weaving 05 Jun 18:47
- Bohemiansky added Diy Loom Tutorial to Weaving 16 Jan 13:43
- Veronica B. favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 15 Dec 17:08
- cynthia.wimberly.12 favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 12 Dec 17:20
- Nancy! favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 16 Nov 18:45
- Shantelle t. added Diy Loom Tutorial to food!! 02 Oct 05:46
- judith f. favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 03 Jul 06:42
- Lauren J. favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 24 May 14:17
Get the things you will need.
I made this loom a few weeks ago so I dont have a hammer on the picture.But you will need one.
Hammer nails along the side of the wood.The number of nails depends on the length of your wood.The most important part about this is that you have a paired number of nails on the end.I have 16 nails on this loom on one side.
Now hammer the same number of nails along the other side of the wood too.
Now that you have your loom done,I will show you how to make the base for your weaving.
Get your yarn(any strong yarn will do)
and tie it to the first nail.
Click the picture so you get a closer look.
*Dont cut the yarn.
Wrap the yarn on the nail that is on the opposite side.
Now move on to the next nail and wrap the yarn around it.
*You dont need to tie knots,just going around the nail is strong enough)
Now go back to the other side and wrap it around the second nail.
Now you have two strings on your loom.
Lead your yarn back to the other side.
Wrap it on the third nail and move on to the forth one...
Keep doing this until you have your loom covered with the yarn.
Its really easy,you just keep repeating the steps.
If you find it hard this way,you can cut pieces of yarn and just tie it nail by nail,but this way its more easier.
Cut the yarn and tie the end to the last nail.
This is how one side of the loom looks like when your done.
The important thing is that you have yarn going from every nail to the nail facing on the other side.
Done!I hope I didnt complicate it too much,its really simple.Once you get started you will figure it out.
Check out my tutorial on how to use the loom.