how to make a loom for weaving
here is my tutorial on the weaving loom (the way I made it)
You can use any piece of wood that`s the right size.The size depends on what you want to make.
On the picture is my loom from a kitchen cabinets door.Its the right size for bags or smaller rugs.
The loom Im showing you in the how to is the one that I made my weave bag and make up bag on.Its a bit smaller then the cabinet door one.
If you have some questions or something is unclear feel free to ask me,Im happy to answer! :)
- Cuqui49 favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 18 Sep 19:34
- mmotse03 favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 25 Feb 01:10
- Alyssa D. favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 20 Feb 18:51
- Momma Is Learning favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 25 Aug 07:51
- joan.fu.90 commented on Diy Loom Tutorial 05 Jun 20:11
- joan.fu.90 added Diy Loom Tutorial to weaving 05 Jun 18:47
- Bohemiansky added Diy Loom Tutorial to Weaving 16 Jan 13:43
- Veronica B. favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 15 Dec 17:08
- cynthia.wimberly.12 favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 12 Dec 17:20
- Nancy! favorited Diy Loom Tutorial 16 Nov 18:45
Hammer nails along the side of the wood.The number of nails depends on the length of your wood.The most important part about this is that you have a paired number of nails on the end.I have 16 nails on this loom on one side.
Now hammer the same number of nails along the other side of the wood too.
This is how one side of the loom looks like when your done.
The important thing is that you have yarn going from every nail to the nail facing on the other side.
Done!I hope I didnt complicate it too much,its really simple.Once you get started you will figure it out.
Check out my tutorial on how to use the loom.