- Make sure you press down the tape edges well (masking tape works best, it adheres better than any other tape I've tried, reducing the odds of paint leakage onto the rest of the shoe).
- The beauty of this diy is that you can always change the color if you grow tired of it.
- Have fun with it - you can do a color + use paint markers to add designs/ be as intricate as you'd like.
- Great variation: after the color dries overnight, use repositionable glue (stick form) to adhere a doily to the tip, using a contrast color to outline the designs with a paint marker - remove the doily when you're down and you're finished!
- Tape off the part of the toe you want painted, as well as the sole.
- Do a coat of white paint [I used acrylic] + dry for a few hours [I stuck mine in front of a fan].
- Do a coat of the color of your choice + let dry.
- Remove tape