Bam A pretty sweet personalized jewelry holder
This is my first tut..Hope you guys like it :)
- porcelain.girl.melissa favorited Decoupage Jewelry Holder 28 Dec 17:41
- Zombie Babe added Decoupage Jewelry Holder to All Hallow's Eve 03 Oct 07:40
- Krissy F. favorited Decoupage Jewelry Holder 06 Sep 13:25
- Zombie Babe favorited Decoupage Jewelry Holder 05 Aug 03:14
- Metafright K. favorited Decoupage Jewelry Holder 20 Jan 19:16
- Queen of the Sidhe favorited Decoupage Jewelry Holder 26 Nov 22:45
I found this plaque at walmart in the craft isle for 98 cents.
Paint your plaque any color your heart desires. Give it 2 coats for maximum coverage.
Choose your image and glue it to the plaque using mod podge. Also, make sure you mod podge the front of the image. This is so the varnish wont seep through and smudge the ink. Leave the bottom free so we can add the hooks to it after.
You don't have to just limiting yourself to just decoupage, you can also paint or draw designs..
Take this time to choose where and how many hooks you want to use, and mark them. You can measure it so its even..I obviously just eye balled it..lol..
After the decorating part is done..Its time to seal the images and the paint.I used Dura Clear gloss varnish and varnished it once. If you like a really shiny finish you can do another coat it dries pretty fast..Wait for it to be dry to the touch.
Last but not least add your hardware..
Screw in the hooks by hand in the marks you made...
Now with a little screw driver add your sawtooth hanger to the back of the plaque. I suggest putting two of these in, one on each end. My first attempt i had put one in dead center, and it seemed as though I had to do a balancing act with my chains.lol
Hang it on your wall, add your jewelry.. Don't forget to stand back and stare in awe at your masterpiece