cylinder cicrular tube bag handbag purse with ikea tissues (ugg model)
- Katzilla commented on Cylinder Bag 15 Jul 07:20
- kim s. favorited Cylinder Bag 24 Sep 02:33
- notdeadredhead favorited Cylinder Bag 18 Jul 03:53
- Tweety13 added Cylinder Bag to crafts not clothes 03 Jul 02:04
- blissfulgoddess added Cylinder Bag to to try 09 Mar 00:32
- ShoujoMadness favorited Cylinder Bag 11 Jan 10:30
- crazzy.babe.093 favorited Cylinder Bag 12 Nov 21:25
- Lauren W. favorited Cylinder Bag 27 Oct 00:55
- Andree D. favorited Cylinder Bag 26 Oct 02:33
Draw 2 circles of 17.5 cm diameter on a cardboard.
Cut them leaving about 1.5 cm from the edge.
Cut the tissues (for external and internal) with the measures of your circles.
REMEMBER: leave 1.5 cm from your circle.
With a sewing machine sew all three layers.
- external fabric
- internal fabric (with a trace to follow)
Cut 1 piece of fabric for internal: 40 cm x 55 cm
Cut 1 piece of fabric for external: 42 cm x 57 cm
2 cm will be for the border [fold each side of the external fabric of 1 cm and sew it]
Stitch a rectangle, the size you want, such as inside pocket in the internal fabric.
Sew the internal tissue with the circular part.
REMEMBER: sew with the color you chose for the inside lining!
you MUST sew the excess part of the circle.
Add about 7 cm x 40 cm of external fabric on the interior. (see image <-- )
Cut 2 stripes of 55 cm x 2 cm in black leather, fold it in half and sew it.
Sew each stripe (1 cm) of black leather with the edge of the external fabric.
Hand sew the external fabric with the internal fabric at the sides.
I SUGGEST: at least two turn of sewing.
Make 2 buttonholes on the sides (about 8 cm from the edge) of the tongue of 7 cm x 40 cm to fit two nice buttons!
Sew the nice buttons in corrispondence of the holes.
If you want you can sew at the boards of the closing part two pieces of leather to make the cloth more robust
FOR THE HANDLE, cut:
- 120 cm x 6 cm of exterior fabric
- 120 cm x 1 cm of black leather
Fold 1.5 cm of the exterior fabric from the both sides and flow up the sides (now you have a kind of a fabric door).
Center the leather stripe (1 cm) above the slot of the "door".
Sew with a zig-zag on both sides.
you can use a thin layer of glue to keep it more rigid and sewn.