How to cut up a boring tshirt into something funner :) You also learn how to weave strips.
I took my boring old middle school shirt and cut it up so it's a bit more fun to wear (: It's very simple and can do to any old or small shirt you don't wear anymore.
Sorry for poor picture quality. My camera hates me (:
- zorenne z. added Cut Up Tshirt to clothes 09 Sep 04:42
- Rhonda G. favorited Cut Up Tshirt 20 Aug 20:18
- MammaTam favorited Cut Up Tshirt 16 Aug 22:16
- lovaire favorited Cut Up Tshirt 21 Jul 00:45
- Roughwaters44 favorited Cut Up Tshirt 08 Jul 04:01
- Meredith T. favorited Cut Up Tshirt 29 Jun 02:50
- AriZona added Cut Up Tshirt to WORTH A TRY 09 Jun 01:22
- irieone311 favorited Cut Up Tshirt 27 Jan 15:57
- jessica.wheeler.526438 favorited Cut Up Tshirt 18 Jan 15:59
- erica.newell1 favorited Cut Up Tshirt 08 Jan 15:55
Get an old plain shirt you don't wear anymore and lay it out on a flat surface.
Simply cut a slit about one inch away from the seam of the sleeve on both sides.
Continue cutting from one slit to another by cutting near the collar line for an elegant off shoulder look to be paired with a tank top.
Fold the back of the shirt in half and cut straight lines about a width of a finger apart from each other. Cut it as long as you desire :)
Stretch and pull the strips you made so they curl up a bit.
Once you are done you can cut the lower hem off if you wish.
You can do the same to the hems of the sleeves.
You can leave it all as it is or you can weave it to make some cool designs.
Take the second string (purple) and pull it up from BEHIND the first string (green).
Pull the purple string down IN FRONT of the green string so it makes a loop like image.
Now you take your third string (torquise) and pretty much do the exact same thing as before. Pull it up BEHIND the higher string (purple in this case) and pull down IN FRONT of the purple string creating another loop.
Continue this step until you reach the very last string.
When you are done it should look something like this with one last loop hanging at the end.
Cut the loop in half and tie it to the strips.
And voilà! You have cut up your boring tshirt and turned it into something more fun to wear :)