Cut out the summer heat!
Follow my blog for new upcoming tutorials!
Made this shirt out of a thrift-ed blouse I got for only $2, I felt inspired by a lot of hipster photographs! Feel free to comment on my blogspot if you have any questions, I'm aware that I'm not the best at written instructions.
- Aaliyah D. added Cut Out Shoulder Blouse to Favorite 23 May 01:11
- Aaliyah D. favorited Cut Out Shoulder Blouse 23 May 01:11
- Zeynep A. favorited Cut Out Shoulder Blouse 17 Apr 18:06
- Calah L. added Cut Out Shoulder Blouse to CLOTHES 06 Jan 20:56
- Calah L. favorited Cut Out Shoulder Blouse 04 Jan 01:02
- Shelly S. added Cut Out Shoulder Blouse to refashion 05 Aug 03:32
- Shelly S. favorited Cut Out Shoulder Blouse 05 Aug 03:32
- Roughwaters44 favorited Cut Out Shoulder Blouse 06 Jul 08:59
- Len favorited Cut Out Shoulder Blouse 01 Jun 20:30
- Kichiru added Cut Out Shoulder Blouse to Really do this ! 18 May 18:44
7) Alright, here's where it gets tricky...which is why I've given you two options (Bias tape or hemming).
1a)Using bias tape (or in my case a 2 inch wide fabric, folded in half) pin around both holes. (If you already know a bias tape method go ahead and use it, and skip my horrible explanation)
2a)What I did was fold a 2 inch wide piece of fabric in half, then pinned the side with raw edges to the edge of the blouse. The blouse should be inside out when doing this step.
3a)Next sew along the edge of the hole.
4a)Turn the shirt right-side out and pull the bias tape to the front of the shirt (this should fold over the raw edges of both the bias tape and hole).
5a)Press the edge with an iron, if you want, then sew the tape down. Repeat with other cut-out.
2a) You can simply fold in the 1/2 inch seam allowance, pin, then sew. :)