x stitch tardis
i designed and stitched this cross stitch tardis - lots of step by step work in progress photo's on my blog :o)
- Emily C. favorited Cross Stitch Tardis 02 Jul 03:54
- Michele B. favorited Cross Stitch Tardis 13 May 15:47
- Mariah K. favorited Cross Stitch Tardis 10 May 16:55
- mandylynndiamond favorited Cross Stitch Tardis 16 Dec 00:41
- Grace O. favorited Cross Stitch Tardis 27 Aug 23:27
- lala1229 favorited Cross Stitch Tardis 05 Aug 07:12
- Zombie Babe favorited Cross Stitch Tardis 03 Aug 01:35
- Ana D. added Cross Stitch Tardis to To-Do 16 Jul 20:16
- Ana D. favorited Cross Stitch Tardis 16 Jul 20:16
- Mellany H. favorited Cross Stitch Tardis 11 Jul 03:39
the foundation stitches
starting to cross my stitches
shaping and more filling
adding the details
backstitch backstich backstitch!
then back stitch some more!!
finished piece with it's inspiration!
i'm really pleased with the shading on the panels
i used three shades of blue and then also blended strands to get the shading right.
in an ideal world for the lettering i would've used a perle cotton
but i didn't have any to hand
i think this is flower thread
this is pretty much the true blue of my tardis
i find it quite hard to photograph blues.
all in all i'm really happy with how this came out
if i was being really picky i'd say the fact the windows/panels are square not rectangular is bugging me but to keep the other proportions right they had to be this way.
i think i need to take a cross stitch break now!
my eyes are tired and my hands are tired
but i am so pleased with this!