Your cat won't be thrilled but you will love it!
Over the years, I made so many hats for Tommy. But I must say, he fooled me so it's all his own fault.
I put an old sock on him and he looked totally cool with it so I decided he should have a proper one. Only thing is, I forgot how cats despise anything that are especially made for them...
So now I only get what I call "stinky" faces which as a crazy cat lady, I found it so cute ;)
So if you are not afraid of what your cat will do with you if you make him / her one, that's the project for you.
It’s up to you now to make your cat beanie your own. You can add a strap to hold under the chin or you can add a button or a pompom. Possibilities are limitless Now, get the cat ready and the camera! Can’t wait to see your resultsPosted by MysteriousCats from Hampshire, England, United Kingdom • Published • See MysteriousCats's 2 projects »
- RavenQuinzel added Crochet Cat Beanie to Pet stuff 25 Jan 20:02
- Isa B. favorited Crochet Cat Beanie 02 Dec 23:33
- Taylor.Boles53708 favorited Crochet Cat Beanie 06 Jun 00:44
- mary.stuerke.7 added Crochet Cat Beanie to Critter acessories 28 Apr 08:17
- Arty Kitkat favorited Crochet Cat Beanie 23 Apr 21:06
- jenni b. added Crochet Cat Beanie to stuff to make 02 Mar 20:32
- monika.deleeuwtanchyk favorited Crochet Cat Beanie 02 Mar 20:06
- Chudames added Crochet Cat Beanie to Crochet 05 Feb 16:44
- Chudames favorited Crochet Cat Beanie 05 Feb 16:43
- Nope :-P commented on Crochet Cat Beanie 18 Dec 03:06
Rnd 1: start with 6 sc on magic ring.
Rnd 2: 2 sc in every st around. (12sts)
Rnd 3: *1 sc in next st, 2sc in next st*. Repeat from * around. (18sts)
Rnd 4: *1 sc in next 2 sts, 2 sc in next st*. Repeat from * around. (24 sts)
Rnd 5: *1 sc in next 3 sts, 2 sc in next st*. Repeat from * around. (30 sts)
Rnd 6: *1 sc in next 4 sts, 2 sc in next st*. Repeat from * around. (36 sts)
That’s the size necessary for Tommy’s head, if your cat’s head is smaller skip some rounds or if it’s bigger continue increasing it.
Rnd 7: Ch 17 or amount necessary to go around ear, skip 6 sts, sl st in next st, sc in next 10 sts, sl st in next st, ch the same amount as before, skip 6 sts, sl st in next st, sc in next 10 sts.
Rnd 8 – Rnd 12: sc around.
Rnd 13: using bck loop only, sc around
Rnd 14 – Rnd 15: sc around.
Rnd 16: sc around. Sl st in next st.