Recycled Felted Sweater Cloche Hat With Pattern
For this project you will need an old wool sweater that has already been felted and a few fabric covered buttons or beads.
- Susan P. added Cloche Hat to hats 09 Jan 04:40
- Susan P. favorited Cloche Hat 09 Jan 04:40
- dalekordancer favorited Cloche Hat 05 Nov 02:41
- SarahOliveira92 favorited Cloche Hat 05 Jan 22:07
- ~Systemfreak~ favorited Cloche Hat 31 Dec 22:30
- kgcampbell favorited Cloche Hat 21 Dec 19:33
- Suzi T. favorited Cloche Hat 16 Dec 13:20
- Thatcartoongirl favorited Cloche Hat 06 Oct 19:51
- Louisa D. favorited Cloche Hat 13 Sep 12:47
- AnaHurtadoCollado favorited Cloche Hat 23 Jul 23:15
Cut out the pieces using the pattern. Cut 5 to 7 thin strips (6 to 8 inches long) for the trimming.
Sew together the 4 pieces of the hat body. Pay careful attention during construction to make sure the seams are all on the same side (machine stitching it difficult to rip out of felt). At this point the hat should look like this. Seam allowance is figured to be the width of a standard presser foot.
Hat body turned inside out.
I cut away all the excess fabric on the the seam allowances after I took the photo.
Hat body right side out.
Hat trim piece.
Gather and stitch the trim piece approx. 1.5 inches from each end.
Hand stitch the trim piece to the front of the hat. Let the trim stick over the edge of the hat body a little.
Hand stitch the trim to the hat according to your own taste.
Finished hat from front.
Finished hat from untrimmed side.