I can sew circles ... not!!
Back in 2005 this was definitely my favorite bag ;) It was the first pattern i've made by myself!
The Cupcake/Mushroom Bag is reversible and not made from this pattern ;) i have improved my sewing skills between the two versions a little bit ...
The Tutorial is made with Paint and written some years ago. You can make a cute bag following this tutorial, but keep in mind that there are other and more professional ways to do it -> see reversible bag. If you don't mind that - START sewing :) and have fun with your unique bag!!
- sarah.hansen.20 favorited Circular Bag 24 Apr 02:14
- arina m. favorited Circular Bag 09 Jan 02:09
- Susi S. added Circular Bag to VHS 30 Sep 20:21
- Dona Monstra favorited Circular Bag 29 Jun 02:49
- Ella Light added Circular Bag to Accessories 04 Apr 13:42
- Gemma P. favorited Circular Bag 06 Aug 21:31
- priti.bolpat favorited Circular Bag 30 Jul 02:26
- HylianWriter534 favorited Circular Bag 29 Jul 23:43
- ButtMuffinZombie favorited Circular Bag 17 Jul 01:10
- shelley w. favorited Circular Bag 30 Jun 01:12
a. external fabric
c. interfacing heavyweight
d. bias tape (2x)
e. bias tape
Draw a circle on your fabrics! You can use a BIG salad bowl for that. I didn’t add seam allowance, so my bags got smaller than the bowl. You should add seam allowances ;)
Sew wrong sides of interfacing and external fabric together!
Repeat this step, so you have two double layer sandwiches….
Sew your sandwiches together – right sides of external fabrics facing! Now you have a 4 layer sandwich!
Next you have to sew the lining onto your sandwich -> wrong side of lining facing the interfacing! The top of your layers is now the right side of your lining!
Now you have to decide where and how large the „handle hole“ should be! Cut it and clip it a few times!!
The next step is not necessary, because you will not see it on the outside. It just makes a nice look on the inside! You have to measure the outline of your bag and cut a piece of bias tape in the length of your circle! The width of the bias tape i have used on my bag is about 4 cm.
Now turn the bag trough the hole!
Now fold the clipped seam of the hole inside, pin and sew it! It doesn’t matter when the seam gets “uneven”, because you can use bias tape to cover it!