A childhood favourite that still delights!!
Makes 4 medium-sized individual ramekins.
This was a regular at my home when I was growing up...It is a simple, basic, fuss-free, uncomplicated, clean, comforting dessert....pretty much like childhood itself, I'd say!!Posted by Sarvani C. from Mumbai, Maharashtra, India • Published • See Sarvani C.'s 7 projects »
- HylianWriter534 favorited Chocolate Blancmange 21 Feb 00:05
- razorbladedesigns added Chocolate Blancmange to Om Nom nom noms 12 Feb 02:22
- Anna S. favorited Chocolate Blancmange 23 Jan 16:18
- mamibunny favorited Chocolate Blancmange 11 Jan 00:45
- Christine Therese-Anne favorited Chocolate Blancmange 03 Jan 03:23
- ale_corason favorited Chocolate Blancmange 31 Dec 08:41
Sprinkle the gelatine powder over the cold water and let it rest for five minutes.
Mix cocoa, sugar and custard powder into a smooth paste with some of the milk in a saucepan.
Add the rest of the milk to the paste, stirring well and bring the mixture in the saucepan to a boil.
Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue stirring until the paste thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
Add the vanilla extract.
Add the gelatine, soaked in the cold water, to the hot mixture and stir well until the gelatine has been dissolved completely.
Pour and divide the mixture equally between the ramekins ( I used fluted aluminium moulds).
Refrigerate until set.
When ready to serve, run a knife along the top edge of the set dessert. Then, dip the moulds for 5 seconds in hot water and overturn them onto a plate to unmould the dessert.