… Or what £11 in thrift shop buys and the celebrities’ choice of broderie-trimmed brilliance have in common.
At the time of this project I was keen to take on the broderie collars and pastel colour palette of Louis Vuitton's Spring 2012 show, in part because it was set to be a huge, directional trend and also because it was, well, gorgeous. Pieces from the collection had been worn on Lana del Rey (in Vogue, you know, so kind of a big deal), Scarlett Johansson and Alexa Chung, it was just a question of deciding which of these magnificent oeuvres I wanted to take on. Whether it was choice or charity shop finds that spurred on my final decision to take on the broderie checked playsuit, the result couldn't have been more worth the challenging journey. So, making the best of a chicken-and-egg situation, here's how I got the look:
- kittenhood added Chic Charity to Alexa Chung 11 Mar 12:17
- Yizzimindi favorited Chic Charity 13 Jul 12:52
- Gaby F. favorited Chic Charity 07 May 00:03
- kosho b. favorited Chic Charity 02 Apr 22:00
- Dani T. favorited Chic Charity 03 Dec 18:09
- Vanessa B. favorited Chic Charity 25 Nov 22:44
- nekotmp favorited Chic Charity 20 Sep 02:29
- comradebunny favorited Chic Charity 15 Sep 23:03
- Marie C. favorited Chic Charity 09 Sep 17:45
- Belle favorited Chic Charity 31 Aug 03:55
You Will Need
Watch the video!