I got the inspiration for this project from a website called CraftBits, but their version was very basic. I decided to make one with a bit more detail. Really, you can make this as plain or as detailed as you want; the possibilities are endless!
(Sorry I don't pictures of me actually making the project.)
1. Trace your cell phone on the sheet of felt you want to use as your main color (I used grey as my main color) leaving 1/4 inch space around your phone. Cut two.
2. Determine the width of your cell phone. Add about 1/8 inch to that measurement and that will be the width of your side strips.
You have a choice to make here; you can either have 1 strip of felt all the way around the side of the case or you can have 2 strips for the side and 1 for the bottom (like mine). Either way, determine the length based on the circumference of your cell phone.
I used the grey again for my sides so they would match the front.
3. Use the Blanket Stitch to stitch all of the pieces of felt together with the accent color of embroidery floss (I used black), leaving one of the shorter sides open.
4. Figure out what design you want for your pouch. I searched the internet for an image that I liked and would be easy to recreate for this project.
In your accent color (I used black) cut out your shapes (2 of each, 1 for each side so you have a 2-sided pouch) and add any embroidery you want at this point; it will be much harder if you wait till later.
5. Use fabric or hot glue to attach your images to your case, this will make it easier to blanket stitch your appliquÃ© to the pouch.
Once you've stitched the image appliquÃ©s to you pouch, you're done!
Just put your cell in the case and go!