i had some blank cds lying around that i was never going to use, so i thought why not make something out of them? at first i thought i could make a necklace but i ended up making a lantern instead :D
(time excludes drying time)
1.Get a cd and cut it in half.
2. Glue some foil on a half, make sure its EXTREMELY CRINKLED. now do the other half.
3. Once the glue is dry, paint both halfs, i did orange, pink and brown mixed together and a light blue colour, while the paint is wet, use your thumb in an upward motion to take off some of the paint, so some of the foil shows. This gives it a nice effect.
4.cut another cd in half and then into quarters. Do the same to the foiled cd, once its dry.
<-- it should look like this.
5. lay the quarters out so they are in a vertical line, turn over and glue. Don't worry if i doesn't stay together, once its dry.
6. carefully put sticky tape along the back of the lantern, covering it completely. Repeat the same step on the front.
(if you are not using puffy paint or a pearl pen, skip this step)
7. get your puffy paint or pearl pen, and start making a patern on the
edge of the non-foiled quarters, i just did dots, nice and simple. :D
8. get some wire and start to twist the bottoms, so it makes a loop.
9. put the wire at the top of the lantern and then some sticky tape around it, then put some more wire around it to secure.
10. Now your finitoed! or finished! ^__^