You'll be rarin' to go in no time with this super easy DIY
Have toy cars left over as childhood momentos? Make them into a fun, kitschy necklace that will be sure to be a conversation starter.
- Barjaa B. added Toy Car Necklace Diy to Necklace Charms 06 Sep 20:13
- Nikola W. added Toy Car Necklace Diy to inspirations. 17 Jul 11:08
- Julie M. favorited Toy Car Necklace Diy 11 Jul 02:03
- DocDoolittle favorited Toy Car Necklace Diy 08 Jun 00:58
- ariel z. favorited Toy Car Necklace Diy 22 May 17:15
- christina c. favorited Toy Car Necklace Diy 19 May 01:01
- kym h. favorited Toy Car Necklace Diy 16 May 02:08
- Strawberrygeek favorited Toy Car Necklace Diy 15 May 08:41
- EdHyena favorited Toy Car Necklace Diy 29 Apr 20:07
- fritzcracker favorited Toy Car Necklace Diy 28 Apr 21:34
Grab your supplies! Necklace chains, thin, pliable wire, and small hoops can all be easily found at a craft or jewelry store. It's easy to find toy cars at toy stores, Target, Walgreens, even garage sales! For this project, I am using miniature cars, though it's up to you how big you'd like your pendant to be.
Start by wrapping your wire around the front two or back two wheels of the car, depending on which way you want it to hang. Criss-cross them as you can see I have done here, and then wrap the excess tail around the wire.
Keep up this criss-cross wrapping around the wheels until you've tightly secured the wire a few times around.
Wrap the tail around the mid-section of your criss-cross. Open the hoop with your needle nose pliers and hook it through the mid-section. Use your pliers to put the hoop back in shape and string your necklace chain through the hoop.
Ta-da! You're done!