for the coffee-loving science nerd in all of us.
made this as a Christmas present for my roommate! adapted from many sources on the internet, to work with stuff I already had on hand, left over from other projects.
<a href="http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/coffee_cozy">Felt idea</a>.
<a href="http://coyotecraft.blogspot.com/2008/11/molecular.html">Embroidery Pattern</a>.
- Miss_Fit favorited Caffeine Coffee Cozy 21 Jun 20:21
- Amy H. favorited Caffeine Coffee Cozy 10 Mar 04:30
- Logan M. favorited Caffeine Coffee Cozy 16 Jan 16:22
- curious cat favorited Caffeine Coffee Cozy 17 Dec 19:29
- glitzer13*_* added Caffeine Coffee Cozy to my will doing projects :p 04 Dec 20:19
- M S. added Caffeine Coffee Cozy to gift addons 04 Dec 10:52
- TheWriterChaotic added Caffeine Coffee Cozy to Felt Projects 24 Oct 15:07
- stephbyro added Caffeine Coffee Cozy to Want to Make - Embroidery 16 Oct 21:49
- amanda.shillito favorited Caffeine Coffee Cozy 15 Oct 12:12
- Kathryn B. favorited Caffeine Coffee Cozy 04 Oct 12:53
Download a pattern for the fabric part of the cozy.
Or, grab one of those cardboard sleeves at Starbucks (or your favourite coffee shop), and pull it apart for a pattern! :)
Cut out 2 pieces of felt in the same shape as the pattern. I used two different colors of felt, dark and light brown.
Decorate the piece of felt you want to put in the "front" in any way you want! I chose to embroider on the molecular formula for caffeine! (My roommie is a coffee-fiend.)
lay down the "back" side of your cozy, and put strips of heat'n'bond iron-on adhesive (pictured) around all the edges.
Carefully put your "front" piece on top, making sure to line up the edges.
Iron together, following instructions on the package.
If you want, you can sew around the edges to make it look like it was actually hand-sewn! :)
After fabric cools, use a hot glue gun to attach Velcro to either side of the fabric, as a closure. The benefit of using Velcro over more Heat'n'Bond is that it is (semi) adjustable! :)
Velcro together and enjoy your coffee (or other warm drink of choice)! mmm!