Buttons, buttons, buttons!
They get everywhere, and you can never find spares when you need them. Keep them in a button box and you'll always have them when you need them. And you'll end up with a collection of weird and wonderful bead substitutes, to make jewellery from.
- arina m. favorited Button Necklace 09 Jan 02:11
- Kathy S. favorited Button Necklace 07 Jul 18:43
- gareth m. favorited Button Necklace 28 May 20:47
- Heather J. favorited Button Necklace 25 May 07:07
- Miss_Fit favorited Button Necklace 06 Mar 05:29
- Vanessa B. added Button Necklace to Jewelry 02 Feb 15:26
- Romana S. favorited Button Necklace 12 Aug 14:58
- Fra M. favorited Button Necklace 25 Jun 20:42
- dizzywalker favorited Button Necklace 22 Jun 15:45
- Devon R. favorited Button Necklace 20 Jun 19:53
Take a length of strong thread or wool, measure twice the length you want the necklace to be. Fold the wool in half.
Thread both ends with large eyed needles. Thread buttons onto both strings pulling along length. Do not pull all the way to the end, leave a loop to make a fastening.
Create your desired pattern using different sizes, colours and shapes of buttons. Try adding a large or interesting button in the middle.
Round raised buttons are useful as closings. Thread both strands through the button’s fastening and fasten off tightly. Take the remaining loop and hook over to fasten.