My second version of Becca's Burlesque Bustle Skirt!
I found just a tiny scrap (about a quarter of a metre) of black and white striped cotton in the remnants bin at my local fabric store. I divided it according to Becca's proportions 3:2:1, but each strip was very thin, narrower than I wanted them to be. So I added a strip of white cotton about 3 inches wide, to each strip of the striped fabric, which made the proportions nicer.
Then I gathered as before. This time, when I added the lace edging, I folded and pleated the lace to go around the corners more nicely -- I'd do this in future, for sure.
I really like the look of this one -- for some reasons, stripes are awesome! And because of the white strip of fabric attached to the black and white striped one, the top layer of the bustle looks like a piano keyboard :)