A cute, kawaii ring/brooch :)
After seeing an article in 'make jewellery magazine' about accesories from 'Meow box.com' I was totally inspired to create something similar, cute, kawaii food jewellery. I grabbed my fimo clay and started to make a wearable biscuit with cream, which, suprisingly turned out quite well. I also made some miniture versions of this, as earrings, as well as a chocolate bar with cream necklace, also inspired by this fab website. type into google 'meow box' and it is the first link that comes up. And if you follow my tutorial, or take further inspiration from the website, you can too create cute, unique jewellery. good luck!! :D
- Dana G. favorited Biscuit And Cream Strawberry Ring 20 Mar 23:03
- DuckieyD added Biscuit And Cream Strawberry Ring to Jewelry 30 Dec 09:35
- Jaquelynn B. favorited Biscuit And Cream Strawberry Ring 12 Dec 01:21
- jennfer c. favorited Biscuit And Cream Strawberry Ring 10 Nov 16:09
- Kendell V. favorited Biscuit And Cream Strawberry Ring 06 Nov 00:46
- Hi It's Holly Here favorited Biscuit And Cream Strawberry Ring 27 Sep 15:49
- Lily S. added Biscuit And Cream Strawberry Ring to kawaii charms 13 Sep 21:23
- Xandrianne K. added Biscuit And Cream Strawberry Ring to Kawaii 21 Aug 16:38
- Dona Monstra favorited Biscuit And Cream Strawberry Ring 29 Jun 00:52
- Ana.Loli favorited Biscuit And Cream Strawberry Ring 30 Mar 18:33
first of all, mix up a ball of biscuit colour. I used 1/2 ecru and 1/2 light brown colours. now flatten it into a circle of about 3mm thickness. :)
If there is any lint or fibres on the surface, (VERY annoying!) scrape it away, holding your blade at an angle. :/
Carefully draw a faint circle onto the surface with a pin, then cut it out. :D
cut out tiny triangles, as shown in the picture :0
round off the edges carefully with a pin-head or ball-ended stylus. Make tiny pin pricks on the surface in a pattern you like. :o
Wash your hands thoroughly, and flatten some white clay in your hands: this will be the cream. Holding both ends, Twirl it into a poof of cream. flatten the bottom of it.
Press the cream onto the 'biscuit'
make a tiny little strawberry with red and green clay, and press into the cream.
This is great for using up left over scraps of clay- make some little sprinkles and add them to the cream :P
I have added little chocolate flakes to mine, which you can see in the main picture.
Variations:you could make a little wafer to add.
Create some chocolate sauce with liquid clay
Now bake in the oven!! when cool, glue on a ring or brooch finding, or add a headpin before baking, so you can make a pendant for a necklace. all done! ^o^