New! Crafterella's new page, comic and Instax contest!
Log In or Sign Up

About this project
Published

It's worth the effort!

I made this for a school project a couple of years ago. I designed it myself and made it by hand. I followed a basic bodice pattern (Kwik sew pattern 3060) and modified the length, size, neckline and added a one shoulder strap. It is fully lined and boned and fastened by hook and eye tape dyed to the correct colour.

I had a matching full length fitted skirt with a godet that was embellished with flowers and beads also. Each flower was hand made, hand beaded and attached individually. The bodice consists of over 50 flowers.

Total budget = < $40

I used;
Chiffon and Organza
Delustered Cathedral Satin
Hook and eye tape
Acetate Lining
Plastic Boning
Recycled Beads

*No idea how long this actually took!

Tags


Crafts

1870's Inspired Dress
Gowns >

1870's Inspired Dress

How to copy a historical dress, the simple way.

♥ 66
A View To A Frill
Gowns >

A View To A Frill

How to ruffle it up on a no-frills budget.

♥ 71
Retro Winter Dress
Gowns >

Retro Winter Dress

Retro styled dress to look fabulous in wintertime!

♥ 34
Party Dress Diy
Gowns >

Party Dress Diy

Make a party dress from scratch!

♥ 31
Victorian Music Hall Dresses
Gowns >

Victorian Music Hall Dresses

Victorian Bustled Evening Dresses

♥ 6
Vintage Dress Upcycle
Gowns >

Vintage Dress Upcycle

so snazzy :3

♥ 1

Comments

 

Recent Favorites


ModernMyth Angel
kathy.horne.98
elli n.
Barbara A.
Tessa P.
Christy H.