Easy to re-create and inexpensive necklace to help bring awareness and understanding
As a special education teacher of children with Autism, my staff and I work diligently to raise awareness of this fascinating disorder and encourage people to ask questions to make themselves more knowledgable about it. This necklace allows us to do exactly that, which is why I made one for each member of my classroom staff and want to share the instructions with all of you so that you can create your very own!!!
- Autism_Awareness_pendant_template.docx 18.4 KB [ Download ]
- Ella W. favorited Autism Awareness Scrabble Tile Necklace 18 Oct 19:57
- bwortman favorited Autism Awareness Scrabble Tile Necklace 21 Aug 03:20
- SAdragonfly favorited Autism Awareness Scrabble Tile Necklace 29 Jul 04:57
- Mishiah D. favorited Autism Awareness Scrabble Tile Necklace 27 Jun 23:52
- kate.mock1 favorited Autism Awareness Scrabble Tile Necklace 22 Jun 14:23
- Shannon E. entered Autism Awareness Scrabble Tile Necklace to Photo Jewelry Making 11 Jun 19:04
Using a very sturdy, craft epoxy (Tacky glue or a hot glue gun simply won’t cut it, folks!), glue the square, bail plate (I bought mine in a pack of four at Hobby Lobby) to the lettered side of the Scrabble tile. Let dry overnight.
Print out an image of your choice to fit the blank side of the Scrabble tile. Note: An average Scrabble tile is 2 cm. x 1 ½ cm, (or .75 inch x .83 inch) and cut out.
Using your foam brush, brush a layer of Modge Podge onto the blank side of the Scrabble tile.
Adhere your picture to the Scrabble tile. Give it a few minutes to dry a bit so that it does not slide all over the pendant for the next part.
Paint a heavier but consistent level of Modge Podge over the top of your picture. Let dry and paint on another layer.
After the pendant dries, spray an acrylic sealer over the picture-side of the pendant.
Once the pendant is completely dry, string the necklace chain through the loop at the top of the pendant.