1. Feel free to add a few extra flowers for fun!
2. This is the perfect gift for any fashionista friend or family member.
3. We love this headband with the Tiffany T Shirt Dress (in Elephant).
4. Try adding extra sweater style stretch to make it a belt!
5. The flower doubles â€“ itâ€™s a pin/brooche so feel free to remove it from the headband and wear it on a blazer for a day!
Gather your materials.
Thread your needle with corresponding color thread (black or navy will do in this case).
Cut one 18" piece of sweater-style stretch trim.
Fold sweater-style stretch trim to form the shape of a headband, connecting the ends. Check the width against your head to be sure the length fits comfortably.
Once you find your desired fit, lay one edge of the trim over the opposite end's edge to prepare for sewing - it's very basic, don't get nervous!
Stitch through the band with a basic running stitch (straight stitch, pushing the needle through all layers from the top and bottom) or blanket stitch (box-like stitch that secures the trim edge), catching the two ends securely together.
When you've stitched everything in place, knot off your thread and clip any excess away. Give it a test-run to be sure the stitches will hold up against repeated wearing (stretch it out with your hands a few times).
Pin your flower over the closure area, concealing your stitches (so if your sewing isn't gorgeous, no one will know).
Put it on and work it!