Not satisfied with the new T-shirts on sale at the local mall? Maybe you'd like a wedding invitation that expresses your own vision, not your party planner's? How about some personalized stationery? An upgrade to your website? A business card? A poster for your political campaign? A CD package for your band? Sound good? Then get up off your couch and Design It Yourself! Avoid graphic identity theft: build your own. Ellen Lupton, bestselling author of Thinking with Type, will show you how.
DIY: Design It Yourself, provides you with all the tools you'll need to create your own projects, from conception through production. Here you will find:
- simple ideas on how you can "think like a designer"
- clear and coherent explanations of design technologies, from silk-screening to web development
- what materials you'll need to get your job done
- where to find and buy them
- how much time and experience your project demands
- diagrams that show how to handle complex tasks
- basic typographic dos and don'ts
- the history and theory of the DIY design movement
- hundreds of innovative and beautiful projects for inspiration
No more excuses. With this book, virtually any design task is within your grasp. Just do it (yourself)!