New! Enter our Secret Santa Christmas contest now »
  1. Posted · Edited

Craft Chat & Swaps » Swap Shop

Christmas Dotee Swap 2012!

Started · Last post · Displaying Post 1 - 30 of 44 in total
    ****This swap is now closed and partners have been posted****

Christmas Dotee Swap! YAY! ^__^

Dotee Dolls are usually about 3-7 inches tall, they have a loop at the top so they can be hung up (in this case- on the christmas tree!), and they usually have a beaded tail.

If you’ve not heard of Dotees before, here are some good resources to find out more information and for inspiration too!

The Creator Of Dotees Blog
    http://doteedolls.blogspot.com/
    How-to make A Dotee on You Tube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_SlCwCYcsU&feature=youtu.be
    And a Flickr Group
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/doteedolls/

This swap is for Newbies and Vets, BUT you must have completed the Newbie vs Vet Swap before signing up- so you have a Vet to vouch for you.

For this swap you will make:
    *1 finished Doll with a Christmas theme (please keep your doll religiously nuetral)
    *A note, small story or bio about your Doll- make sure you include the dolls name!
    *Materials so your partner can make another doll- So Atl east two 6in squares of fabric and some embellishments, like buttons, sequins or beads.

Send out deadline: Friday 7th December

**MERRY CHRISTMAS Y’ALL**

Partners! Partners! PARTNERS!!!

1. Hayley S- EVEnl
    2. Maytag and Essex Debs
    3. Caitlin and 36 Green Ducks
  2. Posted · Edited
    ::waving hand frantically::'
    Me, me! Sign me up!!!!

Just learned about these Dotee dolls recently- and I gotta do it, my Dotee Spirit told me to :)

Name: Maytag Suzanne
    Newbie/Vet: I am a newbie
    Yes, will ship internationally
  3. Posted
    I would love to join.
    Name: Caitlin
    Newbie: yes and did complete newbie/vet swap
    International shipping?: yes
  4. Posted
    I feel like trying something new. Sign me up!

Name: Jennifer/36 Green Ducks/36GD
    Newbie: This will be my 4th swap; including the newbie/vet swap
    International Shipping: Yes
  5. Posted
    No other takers this year? ^__^
  6. Posted
    \(^.^)/ Me pleasssseee! I would love to join!

Name: Yvonne
    Newbie/Vet: Vet
    International shipping?: yes
  7. Posted
    I haven't done a swap in SO long! I remember when Pam first introduced these.. Such a cute different thing to do. I think I'm going to do this but I don't want to sign up for something and not have time for it, so I'm going to try and start on one and if I manage to do that then I should surely be able to finish on time! :)
  8. Posted
    i would but my sewing machine broke this last year and i havnt been able to do any fabric crafts :(
  9. Posted
    @Sally- Good plan, its always really stressfull when you've gotten over excited and signed up for too many swaps! :)
    @Gnomes- Dotees are nearly always hand sewn items- and the great thing about them is that they dont have to be perfect AT ALL, they are totally beginner friendly! So I hope you reconsider :)
  10. Posted
    That would be my comment to Gnomes as well.If you can break a sewing machine you can hand sew a dottee.
    I'll sign up for the swap as well.
    Name:Essexdebs
    International:Yes
  11. Posted
    @Gnomes - I don't even know how to use a sewing machine - so mine has been hand done.
  12. Posted
    1 more day left to sign up!
  13. Posted
    Hey guys, i'm going to start pairing people up in a few hours time, just a warning for any last minute sign ups!
  14. Posted
    Partners are up! Get in touch with each other for addresses and give your partners profile a read for inspiration, happy crafting and happy Christmas y’all!
  15. Posted
    Yay!
  16. Posted
    Big storm Friday my dottee is complete.Just awaiting contact from Suzanne
  17. Posted
    Same here, I made mine over the weekend, just waiting for an address from EVEnl.
  18. Posted
    EVEnl has been in touch, i'll be posting mine out this week :)
  19. Posted
    I sent out Caitlin's doll on Monday. I got an message from and she said she will me posting mine on Weds.
  20. Posted
    Mine should be with EVEnl any day now :) She has messaged me and I hope to get hers soon.
    I'm not sure whats happened to Maytag, but I may be angelling for Debs.
  21. Posted
    Your package is on its way! :)
  22. Posted
    A teaser for 36 green ducks :)

Medium img 20121205 113835
  23. Posted
    Yay! I can't wait!!
  24. Posted
    EVEnl should have received mine by now, so hopefully we'll hear from her soon :) If not I have a pic of what I sent.
    I am angelling for Essex Debs and am happy to say that her one is done and will be in the post tomorrow.
  25. Posted
    Opps,I forgot to post a teaser.She left on Friday !

Medium hayleyt
  26. Posted
    I came home from vacation/holiday to find Caitlin's doll sitting on my doorstep. (I don't know how long it had been there and I am so thankful no one stole it!) After a long trip home and it being 2am, it was a wonderful treat!

Once the coffee kicks in and I unpack, I will post pictures.
  27. Posted
    @36GD- any luck on those pictures?
    Update from me- Essex Debs should have received mine by now, but i've not heard from her yet.
    EVEnl has confirmed she has received but cant post pictures untill this weekend.
    Who else is still waiting...Caitlin- have you had yours?
  28. Posted
    No sign of mine yet-will let you know as soon as it arrives ,nothing worse than not knowing how a package is received ;0)
  29. Posted · Edited
    Sorry about the delay. I took it to work to hang it up at my desk forgot to take a picture - until yesterday.

I have attached a picture.

I sent mine out over two weeks ago but I haven't heard from her on whether she had recieved it or not. I will PM her now.

Medium img0142a
  30. Posted
    Im sorry, i have been really busy getting ready for the holidays. I havent recieved it yet but it should be here any day now i hope