<b>What is the Newbie vs. Vet swap?</b>
This swap is for newbies who are looking to enter the CO+K swap world and become veteran swappers. A <b>Newbie</b> is someone who has not swapped on CO+K yet and usually has fewer than 100 board posts. A <b>Veteran</b> is an experienced CO+K swapper that typically has 100+ board posts in addition to having completed <i>at least three total swaps</i> on CO+K in the past.
<b>How does it work?</b>
A newbie will post that they are looking for a veteran swap partner, and a veteran will message them, then post in this thread that they have taken a newbie in as a swap partner. The vet and the newbie will each create items and send them to each other. <i>The swap will only be considered completed once both swappers have posted at least one picture of the parcel they received. Until then, the swaps will be listed as "in progress."</i>
1. Newbies have to ship out first. Once his/her package has been received by the vet, the vet will send out to the newbie.
2. Swaps should include at least 4-5 handmade items, and sometimes stash, tea, or candy depending on the personal preferences of the swappers. Please make sure that all items you send are clean (no dirt or stains, no odors as from cigarettes or pets, etc).
3. Vets should post that they have started a swap with a newbie so that a newbie does not get too many vet offers. This swap is intended to be between only one newbie and one vet--newbies should not have two vets, however one vet can swap with more than one newbie, just no round-robin swaps.
4. Teaser pics before ship-out are fun to look at, so try not to forget them. Also try to take at least one picture of the swap package you received from your partner.
5. A newbie should not sign up twice. If you are a newbie seeking veteran status, please check out the other ongoing swaps like Happy Grams, or join into other swaps that are open to newbies. If you want to swap with more than one vet, please start a personal swap. You may only complete the NvV swap ONCE as a newbie.
Tips: If you are a newbie, you are more likely to get a swap partner if you post projects, have your CO+K bio filled out, or post links to your shop/craft blog/craft photo albums.
If you're a vet and you really like what has been done in previous vet-only swaps, ask your newbie if they would like to make items like in your favorite past swaps. Do the same if you're a newbie and haven't been able to take part in other interesting swaps.
Vary the kinds of items you send to each other. Really show off your multitude of crafterly talents!
Use the form below to sign up. Don't forget to specify whether you're a vet or a newbie!
And most importantly, <b>don't forget to have fun!</b>
<b>Newbies waiting for vets:</b>
Kriskat / USA / International shipping
tarathustra / USA / No international shipping
Advitha K. / India / International shipping (Asia preferred)
Judithchen / Germany / International shipping
Monika Gottindottir / USA / North America shipping
Hayley S. / UK / International shipping
Mary / Italy / EU shipping
Tamara J. / UK / International shipping
Essex Debs / USA / International shipping
Green Duck / UK / EU shipping
Kat / UK / International shipping
Kiddo / USA / International shipping
<b>Swaps in progress:</b>
Monika: Anna Bean
Green Duck: ThatInkdChick
<b>Completed Swaps (from only this thread)</b>
Kiddo: NameYourMonster; Hello Sweet Taco; judithchen
Mary: Mel.5.Ide; Tess; EastCoastRainbo; Sanne; Mischevous Raven
Essex Debs: Caitlin; GnotJustGnomes; Lauren C, Rosa R
Julie G.: Puddinpop; Krista B
Monika G: Cupcake_Warrior, MauiMami; Chriss
Tamara J: Samantha
Hayley S.: Julia C.; Risa.Hanae
<b>UPDATE: I would like to add a few notes about behavior and swap etiquette.</b>
If you are rude to anyone while sending them private messages or responding to their board posts, you may be barred from participating in other swaps as individual hosts see fit. Being "rude" includes: judging someone by their age/ethnicity/gender/preferences, badmouthing someone's crafting ability, trying to embarrass or shame someone, name-calling, making personal insults. Also, if you receive a package (whether you are a newbie or a vet) and you feel you did not receive enough in relation to what you sent, or have a complaint about the quality, please message the swap host only after you have messaged your swap partner. Sending out bad packages can, like bad behavior, have you barred from other swaps. Please always be specific with such messages so that any problems can be solved appropriately and maturely. The spirit of a craft site is to show off what you can do, and ask for tips on things you can't do. Please be mature and kind during all swaps.