Ok, this is an alternative Halloween swap... So if you want to play but don't have enough board posts/projects for the main Halloween swap then this is the place :)
There is so much scope in this theme:
Sugar skulls, calaveras, little skeleton dolls/ sculptures, masks, brightly coloured flowers, Frida Kahlo, Catholic kitsch, rosaries, crosses, the Virgin of Guadalupe, saints, general Mexicanidad (the cactus, butterflies, etc), candles, little altars, coloured glass. It's a very crafty festival so this is just a small list of ideas. Feel free to swap other more generally spooky items too.
Here is a bit about the festival:
Arrange the amount of items you want to swap with your partner. I would suggest a post out date of Friday 8th October.
1. You must have completed at least one swap. If you're extra new there is a lovely newbie swap on this board.
2. You have to keep in regular contact with your swap partner.
3. Unless you know your partner, post out your parcel on the same day as your partner - even if it means this means posting after the send out date.
4. If possible keep a reciept for postage, just in case :)
Okay, now that is out the way, if you would like to participate please post:
3. Would you like to post to your home country or abroad?
4. Ideas of what you would like in your parcel:
5. Anything you really would *not* like in your parcel:
Hope at least one person wants to swap cause this is my absolute favourite holiday :)
Oh! I just got this Day of the Dead Crafts Book today at the library! I'm looking forward to working on some projects, but I want to get a better feel for it before taking on it's swap, and I'm already doing the Halloween Swap, but this is a lovely idea and I hope that you get a swap partner and have lots of fun! :) Be Well.