Board » Craft Chat & Swaps » Craft Challenges

2,958 posts in 90 topics • Last post 10th July 2015

Plastic Bread Bag Clip Challenge

Do you collect bread bag clips? I do too, I have a whole bunch of them now and I think it's time they found a purpose.

My craft challange is to see who can make the most intresting thing out of plastic bread clips.

I will choose a winner by November 30th 2010 and send out a little prize to them.

Everyone is welcome to join!

I can't wait to see what you guys come up with Happy Good luck!

Edit Delete
Moderate: Hide this post
17 replies since 6th October 2010 • Last reply 6th October 2010

Arg! I new there was a reason I should have saved all those! Boo...

I'm the only bread eater, so I don't get many clips anyways. Happy I can't wait to see what people come up with though! This is such a cool idea!

Edit Delete

We don't have those any more. U.K. bread is sealed with bag tape.

Edit Delete

you might be able to make a necklace or a bag.. OOOOOH YOU CAN USE THEM TO DECORATE FRAMES LIKE PICTURE FRAMES

Edit Delete

wow you have a lot of plastic bag clips, wow. don't eat much bread,

so there never is any to save.

cant wait to see what others come up with.

Edit Delete

Oh darn, looks like I underestimated the amount of people that collect these things. Maybe it's just my crazy faimly that feel the need to save these hahahah. I just can't seem to throw them away! If anything else they are really good for reusing as bag clips. LOL

@PJ - I just pulled that image off of the internet, I only have about a sandwich baggie full Happy We go through about a loaf a week at our house, my kid is addicted to peanut butter/bananna sandwiches.

Edit Delete

I'd love to do this, but our bread here is tied with twisty ties. Awesome idea though!

Edit Delete

Thanks Magic Sprinkles!

If you have an idea of something you can make with these, let me know how many you need, I can send you some Happy

Edit Delete

What an awesome idea for a craft challenge Kitty! Happy can't wait to see what everyone comes up with

Edit Delete

Thanks Zina, but it dosen't look like I have any participants yet Happy

Edit Delete

Just like Magic Sprinkles, here the bread comes with twisty ties... Happy

Wish I could think of something to do with those!

Edit Delete

in primary school, my teacher collected those for some strange reason. it may have been so we could practise our counting skills or something, but i remember one day i saw a spider crawl out from underneath a pile of the little bread tags.

Edit Delete

I've so far only been able to collect a few! I have no idea what I could make? when I was a kid I used to cut them into guitar pic shapes for my toy guitar lol

Edit Delete

I know, Im kind of stuck on what to make too. I always keep one by my kitchen sink, they are great for scraping off gunk from your dishes.

Edit Delete

My mother-in-law has a butter tub (1lb size) full of these!

Hmmmm... what can I do with them?

Edit Delete