Recent Posts by Maladignia
The redness of your cheeks in combination with the pimples might be rosacea. You might want to look into that and try some specific remedies instead of the pill.
An acquaintance of mine has it too and she had gotten a pill on doctors prescription for this too, until a different doctor told her that she was actually suffering from rosacea and not just some random hormone-related acne.
It appears that this feature lists all favorites when only one has recently been added.
For example, April 2nd states that four people have added a project of mine as a favorite. However, only one of them did it that day, the rest was before March...
Is this on purpose? I find it confusing.
Also, I did not know about this feature until recently. A headsup via mail would have been nice. I was wondering why I suddenly did not get notifications on published projects anymore. (Of course I should just have clicked that new notifications button to find out..)
Still, good feature! ;-)
I too hate adds like that.
By the way: I do know that CO+K needs the adds to survive, but those in-your-face or adds with sound are really just buggering and not helping for funding.
One of the reasons I don't want kids: anything made out of love does not deserve a world like this. (the other reasons are more selfish ;-) )
I once saw a store that allegedly sold kids' clothing.. there was a mannequin in the window dressed like a 1 meter tall hooker!
One thing that can get me really irked is the low hanging pants of boys. You know this 'practical joke' of pulling woman's panties down from under their skirts? Every time I see a guy with his pants halfway down his thighs I get the urge to pull it down further. :P
I don't care if you're wearing expensive underwear, and I certainly don't want to see it!
I don't know much about kids (and I will never ever get one if it's up to me alone) but I have even trained my cats to sit before they get their food.. surely it must be possible to train your kid as well? (cause raising/training is basically the same, right? :P )
I've no idea how well you can communicate with a 3-year old but have you tried asking her why she does it and explaining that it is not nice when people loose things?
My mom always told me that I was the perfect child to go shopping with: never touching anything.
However, I also drove my mother crazy at times, so much that she had to let me sleep over at other people's places so she could wind down a bit....
I'll help you hope that it is just a phase. But keep communicating with your children. ;-)
I accidentally added an attachment to one of my projects when I wanted to upload a picture. Oops.
I found the little [x] link to remove it and it shows in the edit interface that it is gone, but when I save (and publish) the attachment is back again.
Sorry, don't have time to search through this whole topic, so I'll just list my whishlist here:
- Markup options for text. (Like bold, italic) I found out that you can use some html (is that on purpose?) but I had to try it to find it out. I could not find a page (help or FAQ would be a good place) that told me how to do it. *
- Links in text. Or perhaps just links to other projects/profiles of this site. I wanted to link to an inspiration once but couldn't. (Nope, my project was not a version) I do understand that you might want to prevent people spamming the h*ll out of the site by adding random links everywhere, but it has been bugging me for a while now. Also I see lots of 'click here' texts that don't go anywhere while it would've been quite useful. *
- Forward and backward browsing of pictures in the fancyzoom thingy (I mean the overlay you get after clicking a pic) That way you don't have to close the image, click next and then open the new image. Yes, I'm lazy but sometimes the page just takes so long to load the overlay....
- Notification when someone comments on your comment. Now I get all kinds of comments in my profile that are reactions to comments from me on projects. A backtrace would be nice, or just a message that someone responded to your initial comment in that very page. (The way author's comments are on the right and visitors comments on the left is a good start!)
- Working members map. It always gives an error when I go there.
- Different scale on the 'near you'. I'd like to see all people in the Netherlands (where I am) but only get 1 other member that's somewhere near my city. I tried just looking at the members map, but that seems to be broken.
These are all just small things to make my lazy life more comfortable. I do understand that implementing it all might be a b*tch. And for good measure I'd like to state that I already love this site the way it is. :)
* For my work I've written php code that replaces certain codes in text to allow people some basic markup without making them write actual html. Lists, inline images, bold, italic, links, anchor links, popups, mailto links. It's like bbcode from phpbb forums, but a bit different. Message me for more info.
For a simple chocolate icing you could use sweet cocoa (the stuff you can make chocolate milk with, like Nesquick) instead of powdered sugar. If you use powdered sugar with (lemonade) syrup you can get different tastes.
Also mascarpone with syrup/bebogeen/cocoa could make nice icing I think.
If you want the icing to be really hard you can just melt chocolate, spoon it on and let harden in the fridge.
It's not just you. I noticed it too. I messaged Tom about it, though I don't know if I should ask him those questions or post them here or ask someone else.
Still a tip to have people help you quicker: use meaningful topic names so people know what the question is before opening your post (they might just skip it otherwise) and give clear examples of what is wrong where and what you'd expect.
I'm a webprogrammer myself and 'It broke!' is much less useful than 'Some of my projects (examples) show the wrong thumbnails. I also noticed this on other projects.'.
Also, since I don't need to pay for this site I'm guessing that it's a grown-out-of-proportion project with a few people working on it (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and thus glitches and bugs may occur. I think that the programmers of this site really do their best, but probably also have a payed job. ;-)
Just my 2 cents.
I think this might be a simple output mixup. I noticed that sometimes halfway a how-to the thumbnails are incorrect. It's only the thumbnails though. If you click them, the popup image is still correct.
In my favorites list I have the same problem. Three of the projects have a mismatched thumb. I already messaged Tom about this, though I don't know if he's the one I should contact about such things.
Seems that your projects have the same bug. But it's not just you. ;-)
If I were you I would not just delete my projects. I think this bug might be fixed. ;-)
I apologize if there's already a topic about this subject, I just don't have time to browse through all the pages.
Yesterday I added a how-to (recipe in fact) and I took care to select the right measurements (grams) from the dropdown, however it doesn't show up on my project page. With a semi-international site like this where some people use cups/ounces for measurements and others use grams, I think that's a bit unhandy.
It's not a display bug on my system, the measurement just isn't in the html source. So my guess is that either it doesn't get saved to the database (however, I would expect some linebreaks or something in the source then), or it doesn't get retrieved properly.
Could this be fixed?
There seems to be something weird going on with updating your profile page after setting the location. Are the profile pages rendered and cached every few hours or so? Because I first just added my province and country. When I noticed that a comma showed up in front of that info even when there was no city, I filled in my city too. However, it did not appear.
I tried lots of things: blanking everything again (was not updated either), adding the city to the province input field and then somehow it showed my city twice! And of course after that I couldn't get rid of the duplicate city name again.
The system gives the feedback that stuff is saved, it just doesn't show up when expected.