Craft Chat & Swaps » Swap Shop

April 2012 Stationery Swap

Started · Last post ·
    Monika's package is in the mail!
  2. Posted

Started · Last post ·
    Monika and I are swapping for this one. :)
  3. Posted

Started · Last post ·
    I'm in for this one!

Abby Woody
    St. Louis, USA
    International shipping is a big yes!
  4. Posted

Started · Last post ·
    I'm in for this one!

Abby Woody
    St. Louis, USA
    International shipping is a big yes!
  5. Posted

Xmas Swap!

Started · Last post ·
    Here's my Swap Stash from Essex Debs--easily the best and most thoughtful swap package I've received on CO+K!

The whole shebang:

The table-top tree made of felt and spangles:

And a side view:

THE DOTTEE OMG:

I loved everything that Debs sent me--the ornaments went on the tree, the card went on our card display, and I have already used the creative tree punchouts, velvet-embossed paper, and bag of snowflake confetti to decorate gift tags.

Now if I can only wait til Christmas morn to open the intriguing silver package...

THANK YOU ESSEX DEBS!

6. Posted

Xmas Swap!

Started · Last post ·
    OH. MY. GOSH.

Deb's package(s) arrived for me yesterday--can I just say that she is INCREDIBLE! I never would have thought that such amazing, well-made and thoughtful stuff could have come in such a light, squishy package. ^^ Debs is so talented--this has been a truly awesome experience. Pictures soon. :)
  7. Posted

Xmas Swap!

Started · Last post ·
    Put miss Essex Debs's things in the mail yesterday--they should be getting to her on Friday. Viva December! =^..^= ~ Now to get started on my boyfriend's advent-ish gift. Planning on giving him/us a few Christmas-y experiences (seeing Hugo in 3D, making a gingerbread house, going around to see the lights) leading up to the actual day, because I can't get enough of the holiday season.
  8. Posted

Xmas Swap!

Started · Last post ·
    Boo to this situation, Mary and others. I wish we had some info bar on our profiles a la craftster.org that shows our swap history and feedback. Getting bailed on is terrible.
  9. Posted

CHUNKY RECIPE BOOK SWAP

Started · Last post ·
    I've also only received from Nikki, Tamara, Libby, and Mary. I don't think the post office is to blame. ;) To the other ladies--do you all have ETAs on your recipes?
  10. Posted

Xmas Swap!

Started · Last post ·
    Exciting! Thanks for hosting this one, Nikki. I'm ready to get crafting!
  11. Posted

CHUNKY RECIPE BOOK SWAP

Started · Last post ·
    From allrecipes.com: "I used 1/4 c. lemon and 1/4 c. lime juice since I couldn't find the key limes here in Ohio."

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/key-lime-pie-i/Reviews.aspx?Page=2

Other people in this comment thread have made the same substitution, so I think it should work.
  12. Posted

CHUNKY RECIPE BOOK SWAP

Started · Last post ·
    Not a stupid question at all! A key lime is a special variety of lime that is smaller and sweeter. It grows in the Florida Keys--hence the beach theme of the recipe cards. I think if you slightly sweeten regular lime juice with sugar it should act similarly. Let me look it up...
  13. Posted

CHUNKY RECIPE BOOK SWAP

Started · Last post ·
    Just got Nikki's to-die-for recipe. Chocolate coma, here I come. Has anyone else received from me?
  14. Posted

Craft » Photography

Polaroid Dimensions?

Started · Last post ·
    Thanks a lot for the help. I ended up just winging it, but those dimensions are almost EXACTLY what I cut out! I'm stunned, even if one corner *is* a bit wonky. I'll be posting the finished product after the wedding (TWO DAYS OMGOMG).
  15. Posted

Entertainment » Literature

NanoWriMo

Started · Last post ·
    It draws nearer and nearer...

Are you still going for it, ladies? I'm stuck in consideration / "how much do I really want to take on at once?" mode.
  16. Posted

Help For Swap-a-Holics: A Printable Holiday Swap Organizer Page

Started · Last post ·
    Yay! It makes me deliciously happy that other people enjoy binders / page dividers / spreadsheets, too! Now to decide how to make and decorate my organizer. Any ideas?
  17. Posted

Help For Swap-a-Holics: A Printable Holiday Swap Organizer Page

Started · Last post ·
    Oh lovely CO+K-ers:

I'm not an organized individual, but this holiday season I'd like to keep a Christmas organizer to help me keep track of everything I have going on--and what I'm spending on it. While surfing blogland for Christmas organizer ideas, I came across this printable Christmas organizer that has a page tailor-made for you ladies who like to take on A LOT at holiday time:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hWSlX0TORNg/THPlhV3Q5eI/AAAAAAAAE4M/I5RsSZyIJBQ/s1600/SwapTracker.jpg

BAM!

I hope the printable is useful to you all. Here's the source article if you'd like to see all the printables available in the kit:

http://papercraftingobsession.blogspot.com/2010/08/christmas-planner-free-printable.html
  18. Posted

Xmas Swap!

Started · Last post ·
    It's official--I'm in! Some intense ornament-idea-surfing seals the deal for me.

Name: Abby W.
    International Shipping: Can't for this swap, sorry everyone.

I'd like to swap with someone I haven't yet had the chance to--TiffanyNoelle, perhaps? =^..^= ~
  19. Posted

Xmas Swap!

Started · Last post ·
    This sounds so fun! Trying to decide whether this or a second go at the ATC Swap should be my effort for November.
  20. Posted · Edited

CHUNKY RECIPE BOOK SWAP

Started · Last post ·
    So far, I've gotten Mary's from Italy, Tamara's from London, and Libby's from Worcester. Will post some pics of the packages soon...and what I end up making with them! :) And in the meantime, thanks everybody for making this an awesome swap so far. I'm really enjoying being a part of it. Let me know when you receive your recipes from me--I *JUST* got them in the mail today--older sister's wedding (NEXT WEEKEND!! AAK!!) ate my life this month. Sorry everyone for the procrastination, but I truly hope you all enjoy your packages from me. =^..^= ~
  21. Posted

Does anyone else use Goodreads?

Started · Last post ·
    Wait...just took another look, and I didn't lose my titles, ratings or reviews after all! the import work!! *happy dance*
  22. Posted

Does anyone else use Goodreads?

Started · Last post ·
    I'm also linked through facebook. I used to use Virtual Bookshelf, a facebook app that did the same thing. When the app went defunct earlier this year, the company emailed us to tell us that we could import all our info from Virtual Bookshelf. Well...it didn't work, and I lost like 200 titles I had recorded on Virtual Bookshelf. Boo. I need to get cracking with my GoodReads account. Quick brain, remember every book I've ever read!
  23. Posted

CHUNKY RECIPE BOOK SWAP

Started · Last post ·
    Julie, this is exactly what I did!
  24. Posted

CHUNKY RECIPE BOOK SWAP

Started · Last post ·
    Hey beautiful ladies! I was really working to be at the post office with my recipes by closing time today, but the project just ate away way more time than I anticipated. I'm not going to make today's target deadline, so I hope everyone's okay with that (something tells me Libby might be :D). I ambitiously made my own recycled mailing envelopes (maybe you saw my earlier post about my miserliness when it comes to postage costs) and that has just taken FOREVER...but at least I can promise no creased recipes! Can't wait to send out ASAP--thanks all!
  25. Posted

CHUNKY RECIPE BOOK SWAP

Started · Last post ·
    Just wanted to make sure--is everyone okay with receiving a folded recipe? If we fold, we can fit them in standard envelopes to keep costs down, but the finished product will be creased. Is there anyone who'll be really offended if they get a creased recipe?
  26. Posted

CHUNKY RECIPE BOOK SWAP

Started · Last post ·
    Bindii--I'm so in!! I was worried that as a newbie I wasn't going to be able to participate (I've only participated in an ATC swap thus far), but I'm so happy to see that us newbies aren't excluded!

NAME: Abby W
    INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING? Sure
    DIETARY REQUIREMENTS: None

Preferred styles/types of cooking/food: I like stovetop cooking better than baking in most cases--I like making entrees, appetizers, soups, and breakfast.

Suggestions for upcoming rounds: Brunch round, beverages round, gift-in-a-jar recipe round for near the holidays
  27. Posted

Ongoing ATC Swap

Started · Last post ·
    Kimmi--The Incredible Suzy Lee and I set up our own swap together via personal message. Our deadline is this Friday, Sep 23. I'll post pics of the package I get from her. :)
  28. Posted

Blythe/Pullip Dolls

Started · Last post ·
    Funny story about Blythe...WAY before they ever started making their comeback, we found one in my grandma's house that creeped everyone out so badly we had to get rid of it. She had a pull string on the back of her head that would CHANGE HER EYES if you pulled it!! One of the sets of eyes was RED!! Oh the horror!

And of course now I want one. A less creepy one. *shudder*
  29. Posted

Entertainment » Film + TV

FAVORITE ANIME SERIES?

Started · Last post ·
    Just started Vampire Knight--three episodes in and no sign of stopping tonight! You all were really onto something here! =^..^=
  30. Posted

Entertainment » Film + TV

I want to start watching Dr Who--Where do I begin?

Started · Last post ·
    So before I started becoming active on craft blogs / databases, I'd never heard of Dr Who before. Now I know about the history of the story, and I'm totally interested. I'm just wondering where and how I should begin. Anybody have any suggestions about the best place to start watching? Also, I'm broke and can't afford to buy seasons of the show (who can?)...does anyone know good online resources for streaming?