New! Crafterella's new page, comic and Instax contest!

Lawrence Kansas US 1 project

Find me on:

by AmyAmyCay

1. Posted

Social » Chit Chat

teenagaer gone of to uni :( and i'm not coping

Started · Last post ·
    Have you considered getting one of those emergency alert buttons to wear around your neck, just in case you fall and need emergency help?
    It sounds as though you have a very strong, independent daughter. You must be a great mother!
    You absolutely need help.You would be surprised at the number of support groups out there. I also think that Skype is a brilliant way for you to get face time with your daughter. I know it seems impossible to get these things going when you're depressed and fatigued. Just keep telling yourself, "It's just one phone call...I can make one phone call." One call to your doctor can get you in touch with people who can help.
  2. Posted

Home Sweet Home » Eco + Green

Ants, Ants, eating my Plants!

Started · Last post ·
    Wow... several great ideas! Thanks.
  3. Posted

Site » Bugs & Problems

Photos and Stats

Started · Last post ·
    I'll try that. Thanks for the tip.
  4. Posted

Home Sweet Home » Eco + Green

Ants, Ants, eating my Plants!

Started · Last post ·
    I'm wondering if anyone has any eco-friendly suggestions on how to deal with ant infestations in my flower garden. They're EVERYWHERE! I read online that they don't like cinnamon, or coffee grounds, so I saved up a months worth of grounds and sprinkled them everywhere, but to no effect. In fact, the coffee grounds molded and little mushroom spores grew out of it (gross). My daughter and cat like to play in the garden so I really don't want to use chemicals. Any suggestions?
  5. Posted

Entertainment » Literature

summer read list

Started · Last post ·
    I'm reading John Fowles, The French Lieutenant's Woman. It's sooo good. Great twist at the end. His novel, The Magus, is my favorite. Seriously, a couple chapters in and you won't be able to put it down.
  6. Posted

Site » Bugs & Problems

Photos and Stats

Started · Last post ·
    I have the same issue. It seems to work itself out after a couple of days though. I don't think the site would approve the projects if the image wasn't visable, though. I've also had trouble uploading images. I think my jpg's are too large, but I don't really know how to shrink them. I guess I'll just have to figure that out.
  7. Posted

Social » Chit Chat

Do you wear glasses?

Started · Last post ·
    I buy my glasses now from Zennioptical.com. The last two pairs I've purchased only cost 9 bucks including lenses and were fantastic! Now, if only I could find an equally cost effective eye exam. Ha!
  8. Posted

Social » Chit Chat

Introductions Thread - New to the site? Come say hello!

Started · Last post ·
    I'm still in Newbie status, though I joined up a while ago and check out new stuff every week or so. I've got some vacation time coming up and I'm looking forward to going a little craft crazy so hopefully I'll have time to make more posts and upload some projects. This is so fun!!

9. Posted

Craft » Papercraft

Home made Mod Podge?

Started · Last post ·
    Wheatpaste is great, but I wouldn't use it for decoupage, it doesn't dry clear.